Anyone been audited lately?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is one of the things I like about Directv. I don't have to have mine hooked up period. When I had Dish before the installer just told me to hook them up once a month. I never did and never got audited. But it does sound to me that it is an complete PITA.

For future reference does a network hook up eliminate this issue? Back then I didn't have one.

usually they don't bother you until you get around 4 or more receivers. i've heard of people getting audited with less, but not very often.

all i have to say is don't have a large sprawled out house. also, if you are a large guy like me, make sure to lock the dogs and cats away, as you run from room to room you don't want anything getting in the way. make sure all the receivers are on and showing the appropriate screen. if it takes longer then a minute to get to each receiver they start to get real nasty.

I had to do one for a client in palm beach last weekend. All 5 receivers are racked and connected to broadband and phone line. Had to restart the whole process twice because I accidently repeated one of his instructions aloud. Real pain in the ass. They wouldn't explain why my customer was being audited with all his boxes connected to phone and net? :(
Really poor customer service.

usually they don't bother you until you get around 4 or more receivers. i've heard of people getting audited with less, but not very often.

all i have to say is don't have a large sprawled out house. also, if you are a large guy like me, make sure to lock the dogs and cats away, as you run from room to room you don't want anything getting in the way. make sure all the receivers are on and showing the appropriate screen. if it takes longer then a minute to get to each receiver they start to get real nasty.

So what's an older person to do? I have older relatives that simply cannot get to every room in their house in less than a minute. If they ever got audited, I don't know how they'd pass, especially since the receivers are on different floors.

So what's an older person to do? I have older relatives that simply cannot get to every room in their house in less than a minute. If they ever got audited, I don't know how they'd pass, especially since the receivers are on different floors.

A while back an "older" co-worker of mine got audited and somehow wasn't fast enough for the auditor, He switched to DirecTV sometime after and Dish lost another long-time customer due to this stupidity.
Most ppl down here simply want to pay their bill and watch TV with no hassles.
Most around here are cell phone only, sometimes landline phone is also not available, and Satellite is the only TV option for most down here.

Last edited:
Use your cell number a shome number with DISH

List your home number as a cell phone number. I called in for my audit at my leisure. Next time? I won't call back. They will lose a 4 year customer. I passed the audit but got caught moving too much. I had to split one HD-DVR off to an Indiana account to get baseball games. Next time it's D*. In fact, I'm thinking about it as the HR24 ? is faster and I'm AAA. I hear on D* they have all games on in HD. DISH has just 2/3 or so games in HD of late.
Yes, they have FiOS for locals and movie channels in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area. ;) :rolleyes:

Just don't answer the phone when you see a unknown 800 or 866 number come up, or tell them your someone else if they say who they are and hang up. I've got my account hooked up through the wifes cell phone, if they ever call that during the day she will be at work so ohh well. If they call in the evening we don't answer the phones if we don't know who they are. They also can't audit anyone but the account holder so don't tell them your the account holder and tell them he/she is out of town on vacation.. PERIOD!

Just don't answer the phone when you see a unknown 800 or 866 number come up, or tell them your someone else if they say who they are and hang up. I've got my account hooked up through the wifes cell phone, if they ever call that during the day she will be at work so ohh well. If they call in the evening we don't answer the phones if we don't know who they are. They also can't audit anyone but the account holder so don't tell them your the account holder and tell them he/she is out of town on vacation.. PERIOD!

well, you better hope you don't want to watch much tv while she is "on vacation"

Based on accounts posted here over the years, if you ignore the audit calls, they turn off all but the primary receiver until you call in for the audit.

i have known people with only 2 boxes to get audited. they did not have phone line plugged in.

now i did get audited after all but original box was shut down. i had 4 receivers... ok they were at 4 different locations...i did not pass the audit.:(

I'll bet not and that is a good reason why the audits happen to begin with. If everyone was honest there would not be a need for these things.

I'll bet not and that is a good reason why the audits happen to begin with. If everyone was honest there would not be a need for these things.

kind of hard to be honest when residence is caribbean, non usa territory..

Based on accounts posted here over the years, if you ignore the audit calls, they turn off all but the primary receiver until you call in for the audit.

So? at that time you would figure it out, bring the box back home and hook it up then call in for the audit and everything back up and running which at that time I would raise holy hell that they did it and request some sort of compensation or I'd threaten to leave them due to the lack of trust and what I've prob missed out on from my programming. Them doing this for those that spread boxes out on purpose to really abuse the system only stings those that are the only ones (the account holders) with access to the boxes regardless of location.

Simple solutions to their lack of trust and nonsense calls... just don't answer then call back when your ready to give numbers. :cool:

well, you better hope you don't want to watch much tv while she is "on vacation"

Most people have their accounts tied to cell phones now.. wtf are you going to do when your in another location/state/city or whatever when they call it.. I mean come on man have a little common sense here that it wouldn't be your fault and telling them this is very very possible these days. I don't have a land line no more, I refuse to hook my ethernet back up to my receiver too so screw em.... They better prepare for holy hell if they try to pull this crap on my wife when she's not no where near the house.

I had this happen to me. I had cell phone only a few years back. I was headed out to town to eat with my wife and see a movie. I got a call from the Audit Nazis. I had 4 receivers at the time, including the big old $1000.00 921 receiver. I told the Nazi that I was cell phone only and was headed to town and couldn't at that time. He said to call back when I was home. I got home and all of my receivers were turned off except an old 510 dvr that I had. I called back and the Nazi said HE WAS NOT READY and he would call ME back. An hour later he called back and made me jump through the hoops reading off numbers and he said I passed but needed to hook a land line up or I would be put through this again in the future. I then decided it wasn't worth it to NOT keep my land line and paid just for basic phone line service with no frills , just for my receivers and for number for my work . Haven't been audited again after hooking up phone lines to all receivers.

Last edited:
I had this happen to me. I had cell phone only a few years back. I was headed out to town to eat with my wife and see a movie. I got a call from the Audit Nazis. I had 4 receivers at the time, including the big old $1000.00 921 receiver. I told the Nazi that I was cell phone only and was headed to town and couldn't at that time. He said to call back when I was home. I got home and all of my receivers were turned off except an old 510 dvr that I had. I called back and the Nazi said HE WAS NOT READY and he would call ME back. An hour later he called back and made me jump through the hoops reading off numbers and he said I passed but needed to hook a land line up or I would be put through this again in the future. I then decided it wasn't worth it to NOT keep my land line and paid just for basic phone line service with no frills , just for my receivers and for number for my work . Haven't been audited again after hooking up phone lines to all receivers.

About a year ago, I had to work on my home phone line and disconnected the line at the interface on the side of my home. It was disconnected for about three hours. When I got the next Dish bill there were two DVR receiver monthly no phone line connected charges on it. All four of my DVRs are connected to the Internet so I wondered why the charges. Explained it to Dish and they took the charges off and they didn't know why the charges even tho the DVRs were connected to the Internet. I guess I was lucky the audit team didn't call. We too have a basic no thrills home line that hardly ever rings. We were thinking of going to cell phone only, but after reading this thread, think we will keep it now. Also we use the fax machine sometimes. Is there a way to use our home fax machine with a cell phone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)