Anyone Compare Component vs. HDMI HD Picture Quality?

To my understanding, HDMI 1.4 is the only one that can handle 3D content. I may be misunderstood.

You are uninformed, but that's super-easy with HDMI. HDMI is a specification, 1.4 is a revision, and 3D (or ethernet, or DeepColor, or whatever) are features. REVISION 1.4 is the first time that the 3D FEATURE has been written into the SPECIFICATION, but that doesn't mean that it can't work with HDMI 1.3 stuff. Ethernet, on the other hand, is a feature that requires special hardware that's only in rev 1.4 equipment. It's also necessary to note that just because a piece of equipment (STB, TV, or interconnect cable) is certified as 1.3a or 1.4-complaint you can't assume that it supports all features of that specification. There will be, for example, 1.4-certified cables that won't support all features that are in the 1.4 revision. The whole HDMI publication and certification system is a mess.

PlayStation3, the DirecTV HR23, and lots of other HDMI 1.3 equipment do 3D right now. For 3D specifically, the only thing you need is a low-noise cable that supports 1080p@60fps without hiccups, which most Monoprice cables are indeed capable of.

It's capable...and Xboxes and Playstations have used it.

NO it is not u can not do 1080p with Xbox360 no matter what u try u have to have HDMi. I have the 360 with a HDplayer and since day 1 i could not do 1080p over component. same goes for PS3. only way to do 1080p is HDMi

NO it is not u can not do 1080p with Xbox360 no matter what u try u have to have HDMi. I have the 360 with a HDplayer and since day 1 i could not do 1080p over component. same goes for PS3. only way to do 1080p is HDMi

See post #41.

High quality component cables ($$$) will look exactly the same as any undamaged HDMI cable. That is not my test, that is what the pros at Sound and Vision magazine said. The same source said never pay more than $10 for an HDMI cable, but that was two years ago. Today that figure is probably closer to $5.

the last HDMI cables I purchased - to enclose with Blu-Ray players given as Christmas gifts last year - and in use on our own equipment - were 10 cents each at Amazon.

Will the HDMI out on a 722K send audio along with HD video? I understand that it will in "most" circumstances but there is a comment in the manual that says that L +R cables may also be required. Is there a certain cable spec that is required for audio + HD video transmission. I am planning, or at least hoping, to run about 65' by the way.

The 722 and 722k have a few issues with audio via HDMI, but it's supposed to work just fine. I think the note in the manual is mostly talking about people using HDMI-to-DVI adapter cables, and DVI doesn't do audio. Try it, but it should just work. If it doesn't work, some Cheap-O RCA cables come in the 722K box, and they'll get you by until you can get real cables or a digital audio cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)