Anyone else lose signal on 118.7 TP 18? (St. Louis)

Oblong Desoto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2008
USA
This evening, my signal strength went to zero on 118.7 transponder 18, which unfortunately is where my FOX and NBC HD locals come from. Signal strength is in the green (between 40 and 65) for all other TP's on 118.7, so I'm ruling out weather conditions as a cause.

Is anyone else having this problem in the St. Louis DMA?

Thanks,

-OD

Unfortunately, I'm not in your area rather the northeast. I just checked transponder 18 on 118.7 and I am receiving a signal in the low 60s. I am checking to see if that is a spotbeam or a CONUS beam (I believe it is CONUS).

Mine are coming in fine from 110/119. I'd bet it's the result of the heavy snow coming down.

I would bet this is it.

I just checked mine, transponder 18 is around 16-17, others are 30-40+. I did not go out and look at my dish for snow, but I would bet it's there. I only use OTA for locals, no one complained when I called from work this evening.

Yeah, our HD locals are CONUS for some reason.

This morning with the snow stopped, I'm up to 9 on that transponder, but not enough to lock. Still, isn't it is strange that my signal was so strong on the rest of 118? I could try to re-peak, but I'm hoping the new spot beam planned for Ciel-2 will make that unnecessary in a week or so. :)

Thanks for checking everyone!

-OD

Unfortunately, I'm not in your area rather the northeast. I just checked transponder 18 on 118.7 and I am receiving a signal in the low 60s. I am checking to see if that is a spotbeam or a CONUS beam (I believe it is CONUS).

118.7 is all CONUS.

Now with the sun shining and a clean dish, I'm still only getting 18 or 19 signal strength on TP 18. Not much headroom there. All other TP's on 118.7 showing at least double that. Weird.

-OD

I'm in the Cayman Islands (Caribbean) and get my HD locals from Charlotte on 118.7. Last night in the middle of Fringe (on FOX) i suddenly lost signal on all 4 networks. We obviously don't get any snow here and last night the weather was perfect. No clouds and no rain. Not sure what the problem was but i did a check switch and the channels came back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)