Anyone else seeing the audio out of sync on TNT HD?

SteveTJ

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Northwoods of America
I was watching the NASCAR pre-race show on TNT HD this afternoon and noticed the audio is out of sync. I tried switching the TV1 audio sync option to SD to see if it would cure the problem but it didn't. I have two 722 receivers and its happening on both of them. Anyone else having the same issue?

I was watching the NASCAR pre-race show on TNT HD this afternoon and noticed the audio is out of sync. I tried switching the TV1 audio sync option to SD to see if it would cure the problem but it didn't. I have two 722 receivers and its happening on both of them. Anyone else having the same issue?

Yeah, it's out of sync. Not so noticeable during the race while watching just the cars, though :)

Not that, but I have noticed the volume level on the HD TBS stations (TBS, TNT) has been lower than the SD versions of the channels.

I noticed the audio out of sync anytime that I looked at it yesterday 06/19/10.

The audio was way ahead of the video. More than the slight amount occasionally seen on some channels.

the volume on all my hd channels is lower than the sd channels, but no one knows why

The SD channels should have a slightly to moderately louder audio because the audio is PCM vs. Dolby digital.
Many if not most of the HD channels use a Dolby digital offset of -4 to -5 db.
I've seen as much as -12 db offset on HDNet, through the optical audio output.

More importantly, if you changed the receiver audio setting from the default RF mode to Line mode, the volume difference will be even greater.
(but not through the optical audio output.)

Last edited:
TNT was often way out of sync during basketball season. It is hard to watch a game when you can hear the ball clank off the rim while it is still in the air.

I first noticed this when I got an HDTV last September, I have a VIP 211 and it has been out of sync every time I have tried to watch TNT. I quit watching it except for the Nascar races recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)