Anyone else w/ lost signal in Chicago?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

parrothd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I just subscribed to dish this month and I've been having issues with Sat 129 so the techs came out and peaked my signals for 129, now with the snow I've lost all channels. My levels were in the 90s+ for 129,110 & 119, is this normal for dish? Is there a larger dish?

I've had direct tv before but I don't recall them being so sensitive to snow....This sucks, good thing I didn't cancle my comcast service, guess I'll be stay with them.. :mad:

Yeah, I've lost reception as well. I'm about 50 miles west of Chicago. I've had E* since September and today is the first time I've lost reception. Guess no Oscars for me...

Yeah, I've lost reception as well. I'm about 50 miles west of Chicago. I've had E* since September and today is the first time I've lost reception. Guess no Oscars for me...

Yes i too lost all the Birds, I am 45 miles SW of chicago. This happend around 12pm and it is still down. Its not even snowing that much and I never had this problem with Dish since I had them for 7 yrs. Are their Birds still in the sky........:mad:

I lost this afternoon, for a few minutes in the snow. In 9 years, this is the first time I lost signal in the snow. Heavy T-sorms, sure. Snow? NEVER! I've also noticed my signals dropping from over 110 into the high 90's, with some as low as 55-60. Never had that before either. Kinda wondering whats goin on myself ( Lost part of todays NASCAR race).
I'm in the city, on the NWest side, near Harlem ave.

I got it back around 8.30pm so miss the starting of Oscar but the signal still fade away some time but not loosing the birds.

I'm in southern Wisconsin, within 75 miles of Chicago. We got 16" of snow here over the weekend. Never lost my Dish signal once. And I had no snow buildup at all on my dishes.

And with all of the snow, I had my set on for most of the weekend.

If you got any freezing rain down there, then it could have coated your dish and LNB, which would have knocked down your signal.

I am in Rockford 80 miles NW of Chi Town and we had everything that mother nature threw at us except for the blizzard that was predicted and never lost anything the whole time yet the neighbors who have Insight lost their cable for most of the day... CC

I live in rockton (north of Rockford) and the only thing that i am losing is ABC off OTA which is weird bc the strength is 95%. Someone explain that one to me.

Saturday night WREX, WTVO, and WIFR were all off the air due to power outages... I know that 17 has been spotty, but things have settled down with the storm nothing like what it was predicted to be... CC

Saturday night WREX, WTVO, and WIFR were all off the air due to power outages... I know that 17 has been spotty, but things have settled down with the storm nothing like what it was predicted to be... CC

I lost sats yesterday afternoon about 6pm here in South Bend, IN. The sleet was about an inch thick on the dish, cleaned it off and all is well.

I was impressed that I stayed locked on signal until I tried to change the channel.

I'm in southern Wisconsin, within 75 miles of Chicago. We got 16" of snow here over the weekend. Never lost my Dish signal once. And I had no snow buildup at all on my dishes.

And with all of the snow, I had my set on for most of the weekend.

If you got any freezing rain down there, then it could have coated your dish and LNB, which would have knocked down your signal.

Yes we had freezing rain so that must have caused it.Oh I should have check it first.

I'm not in the Midwest, but I had a heavy wet snow that stuck to everything. I lost reception for the first time because of snow. I only lost the 61.5 sat, the Dish500 didn't lose em. I guess the snow built up on only one dish.

I lost signal Sunday due to sleet building up on the dish. I got home around 4 and brushed the dish off. Within 1 hour it was out again. I had already left the house so my wife got up on the roof (flat) and brushed it off herself, I was so proud of her! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)