Anyone elses commercials going crazy?

vaylon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
virginia
A few days ago I noticed that on a few stations like History, Syfy, Discovery and the Travel channels, every once in a while the stations commercials would act up.
Its kind of strange but here's what their doing.
The video portion of the signal is broken into 3 equal sections. (left, center and right). But the right portion of the video is on the left side of the TV , the right portion is in the center and the left is on the right. But at the very bottom of the screen is what looks like an encoded signal bar that goes from one side of the screen to the other.
The signal bar is composed of small circles or dots

Sort of like this:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The dots turn from orange to green to yellow in some sort of pattern. The pattern of movements of the dots seems to correspond somewhat to the audio, but not completely. Almost looks like a network graph.

At the very Top and bottom of the screen, scrolling from right to left is tiny ticker tape type lines of code. Looks like machine code.

At first it was on the stations I mentioned, but today its happening on a lot more. But its just the commercials. The programs are playing normal.

This is all happening on a 722.
I think it might have something to do with the last software update it did 5 days ago. Since then my DVR timers have also gone nuts. There set to record new programs only but seem to be recording every episode of shows I watch.

Anyone else?

Not oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Here either.:p

A few days ago I noticed that on a few stations like History, Syfy, Discovery and the Travel channels, every once in a while the stations commercials would act up.

HD or SD?
Do you have the receiver set to the same kind of output as the set is looking for, ie: if you are running an HD set, capable of 1080p, do you have your satellite receiver set to deliver 1080 or 720?
What kind of cable between the receiver and the set?
Do you connect directly to the set, via HDMI, or;
Do you connect to a video / audio control center / amplifier and then to the set?
If you are running HDMI, do you have children or pets who might have loosened the cable?

Each of these situations can introduce a separate set of unique problems.

Check your connections and settings. Reboot your receiver by UNPLUGGING for about 30 seconds, and then shut your set and amp off for a couple of minutes. Turn it all back on and see if that helps.

Everything is the same as its been for the past 3 years. HD on a HDMI cable . 1080p.

I tried the reset with no luck. In the morning I will do a complete reinstall and setup and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, then I guess Jeff Goldblum is right "its a countdown signal embedded in the transmission"

As long as it doesn't do it to the actual programs. I'll be a happy camper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)