Anyone Get Their Twinhan StarBox 7021 Working?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
These are the ones SatAv generously gave out last month. Now that everyone had had it for a while, has anyone figured out what drivers to use (win XP)?

Seeing you haven't had any replies I thought I would dig my old Starbox 7021 out of the drawer and see whats working

Using the disk that came with the box I installed the driver and the Twinhan DTV 2.431 viewing program into a 32 bit XP machine, I managed to get the Twinhan viewing program to scan and lock but not find any channels. I then fired up MyTheatre 3.38.2 and once set up it had no problem playing the remaining DVB-S channels on 125W

I then tried another twinhan disk 2.606 and this time the Twinhan program worked anthough the AC3 audio wasn't working MyTheatre worked OK.

Both the Twinhan viewing program and MyTheatre require your system to have audio/video codecs installed. I believe the PowerDVD program that comes with the Twinhan disc installs the Cyberlink codec on your system, if you don't have it the Cyberlink codec is available in places free on the net

The contents of the Twinhan 2.431 discs and 2.606 are available at the links minus the PowerDVD program for copyright reasons although it's not necessary if the Cyberlink codec is installed from other sources.

There are BDA drivers available for the Starbox that I have never been able to get working fully I believe they only work on the 7021A version of the Starbox. As far as I remember MyTheatre and ProgDVB were the only software that worked with the version of the Starbox I have although I can't get the latest version of ProgDVB to work.

Sadie,
Wow that is a
ton of info to investigate.
I did not get any disc's from SatAv as they said they had pulled the older obsolete disks out.

thanks for the reply, I will check your Leads out.
You other guys with these get busy too. Some work needs to be done.

That explains the problems you need the WDM drivers as the BDA drivers don't work correctly for the 7021.

I made a major mistake with the files I linked to they only contain the drivers not the Twinhan software you should be able to get them to work but it's not so easy, I have the files ready to upload but my hosting service won't except them due to the size (about 60MB) as soon as I find a home for them I'll post the link.

I've uploaded the 2 complete installation discs that I have, the earlier one came with the Starbox (2.431) and the later one (2.606) came with the 102g card but included drivers for several different cards including the Starbox both worked for me but give different quality and signal readings, they never seemed to figure that out correctly. The files are about 100MB each and contain everything on the disc except the PowerDVD Cyberlink product key on the outside, hopefully this avoids any copy right issues.
As mentioned above you don't need it the cyberlink codec is available in numerous places on the net free, I guess these are older versions or lacking in some features here is a copy for XP, although the odds are that you have it installed already I wouldn't worry about it unless you get to the stage where everything appears to be working except you have no picture.

Twinhan 2.431 complete disc
Twinhan 2.606 complete disc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)