Anyone get their User / Privacy agreements in the Mail?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Because the NSA will be collecting your viewing records next.

". . . we will be able to track terrorists by patterns in the programs they watch" says the Bush administration. :D :devil:

the line that most interested me is in the blue booklet. 1(g)

"Your recievers must also be connected to the same land-based telephone line in order to be eligible to pay the additional TV fee (see 1(f) rather than purchase a separate subscription for each additional TV "

So 8 full subs with locals ,total plus with HBO and SHOWTIME advanced protection plan, plus tivo on 1 and hd with hd locals on another. I wonder what my next bill will be. At least 700 bucks!!!!

Digital Dude said:
That's why we have stand alone no subscription required DVRs.

what brand is that? and you can either opt out of directv or never plug in the phone line to avoid it..that simple..no worries. I want them to know what i like so i plug it in...unfortunately it's not that timely because i only plug in every 2 weeks or so.

KimmiKat said:
Anyone see the part about the ""Anonymous Viewing Information" on there? No wonder they want the bloody phone line connected.

i'm waiting for the day they start rewarding us for our data collection efforts :) a tiny credit of free ppv would be nice

newsposter said:
what brand is that? and you can either opt out of directv or never plug in the phone line to avoid it..that simple..no worries. I want them to know what i like so i plug it in...unfortunately it's not that timely because i only plug in every 2 weeks or so.

1 Toshiba RD-XS32 and 1 Panasonic DMR-E85H

I never looked at my E80 as a dvr..probably because i dont have cable and dont see how you can use one with a cable box anyway

newsposter said:
I never looked at my E80 as a dvr..probably because i dont have cable and dont see how you can use one with a cable box anyway

We record DirecTV on them. Just send S-video output from your Sat box to an input on the back of the E80.

Oh, i burn stuff after the fact (few hundred disks actually)...but never have recorded anything 'live' via a tivo onto the e80..would have to be an attended recording unless there some feature i dont know about that changes the box (which very well may be possible)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)