Anyone getting LA/Colorado Game on 95??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
Is anyone getting the King/Avalanche game on 95? I subscribe to CI and I have gotten all other games that were on 95(National Channel) all year. Looks like someone at D* goofed. I have the SD version on 771, from FSN West. Is it possible that the 95 broadcast is Altitude Broadcast? I just checked their schedule and it shows a basketball game and no hockey.

Just talked to D* and they traced the problem back to the feed from the NHL. It is a system wide problem. They are working to correct it, but game will probably be over before it get fixed.

Just talked to D* and they traced the problem back to the feed from the NHL. It is a system wide problem. They are working to correct it, but game will probably be over before it get fixed.

I didn't get the game either. I don't believe it was an NHL problem because the standard feed was available via CI. My guess is that the wizards at D* saw the name "Kings" in the display and thought it was Sacramento NBA game and pushed the button to "black out" everyone that wasn't an NBA subscriber! Maybe far-fetched, but nothing surprises me anymore.

I didn't get the game either. I don't believe it was an NHL problem because the standard feed was available via CI. My guess is that the wizards at D* saw the name "Kings" in the display and thought it was Sacramento NBA game and pushed the button to "black out" everyone that wasn't an NBA subscriber! Maybe far-fetched, but nothing surprises me anymore.
That is a logical answer, but they did tell me that it was showing on their screen as a 721 (No Subscription) also, same as I was getting. They said it was something coming down the line in the feed from the supplier. They also said occasionally the signal gets supplied to them with a PPV code inserted instead of a subscription one.

It would be interesting to see if anyone who has the NBA package, and doesn't subscribe to CI, got it. Now that you mention it, I think there was a basketball game on 95 before the hockey game came on.

That is a logical answer, but they did tell me that it was showing on their screen as a 721 (No Subscription) also, same as I was getting. They said it was something coming down the line in the feed from the supplier. They also said occasionally the signal gets supplied to them with a PPV code inserted instead of a subscription one.

It would be interesting to see if anyone who has the NBA package, and doesn't subscribe to CI, got it. Now that you mention it, I think there was a basketball game on 95 before the hockey game came on.

I have only seen the 721 error when it's a blackout, or if it's a premium channel that you are not subscribed to. The last time there was an NHL problem there was just a black screen, no 721 reference saying channel not purchased.

While my idea may not be too far fetched, it is definitely possible. The people at D* don't know the difference between a hockey puck and a pound of chocolate... thinking the Kings were the Sacramento Kings is could happen. Also, the two examples you noted are definitely possible (having it coded as PPV and/or not turning off the restriction from the NBA game.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts