Anyone had any luck getting Dish to just ship them an extra Joey without a technician visit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
I am adding a TV to my game room and need to add a Joey receiver to my account. I already have a duo node and have the coax from the node to the location where I want the receiver. Called and talked to the CSR and they say that they have to have an installer bring the Joey. I have no need for that and don't want to take off work to wait around for an installer. Any secret back door to get them to just ship me one?

I am adding a TV to my game room and need to add a Joey receiver to my account. I already have a duo node and have the coax from the node to the location where I want the receiver. Called and talked to the CSR and they say that they have to have an installer bring the Joey. I have no need for that and don't want to take off work to wait around for an installer. Any secret back door to get them to just ship me one?

Or just buy one elsewhere. That way you can deactivate it, if you don't need to use it when you're away, etc. Leased ones have to be returned. I think they are $99 at places like dishdepot.com

Or just buy one elsewhere. That way you can deactivate it, if you don't need to use it when you're away, etc. Leased ones have to be returned. I think they are $99 at places like dishdepot.com

Someone posted in another thread that Amazon has them for $59.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah, I see it on Amazon for $58 plus $15 for shipping to buy. I may have to do that. Will wait for a DIRT tech to come online to ask them first.

The advantage of owning is that you can turn it on and off so you only pay for when you use it. And if you've already run the coax and are confident, ......

Well, "talked" to DIRT and they can't figure out how to do it either. However they did offer to help on cost. I just don't want to wait on a tech. I guess I will just buy one.

Just a thought, go ahead and schedule the tech to install the Joey. When the tech calls, tell him the situation and ask if he will just leave it at your door or maybe bring it by after work. If it is as easy as your believe, then the tech might like making a quick buck for a quick install?

You may get it sooner with an install.

I am getting a new Hopper (hard drive died in the old one) and the earliest they could ship it to me would be mid next week. However, the install can be scheduled within 72 hours: I am scheduled for Sunday. Since I have a service plan, the install is free.

Sent from my iPhone5 using SatelliteGuys

You may get it sooner with an install.

I am getting a new Hopper (hard drive died in the old one) and the earliest they could ship it to me would be mid next week. However, the install can be scheduled within 72 hours: I am scheduled for Sunday. Since I have a service plan, the install is free.

Sent from my iPhone5 using SatelliteGuys

I had mine die on Saturday and the new one showed up Tuesday. I convinced them to expedite the receiver to my at their cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts