Anyone Have a Manhattan 1978 Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Purchased one from ebay 2 years ago and it was kinda buggy, it was a version that would not take any updates. Think they considered that model a prototype. I made a claim with ebay/paypal and got my money back. Since then decided not to order any more manhattan's for the bad experience

Yeah well, the killer item for me is the motor control issues that Titanium pointed out in post #2. That V7 junk I have has some of the same motor control issues as the Manhattan 1978 and IIRC the remotes for both even look the same? Having said that, I'd bet money that both receivers were made by the same Chinese company.

Which reminds me, weren't the receivers that were made in Korea a few years back a lot better quality than the stuff we've seen from China in recent years? :yes

The STB has a firmware update available for the early release units that allows for automatic /IP updates.

The motor control issues have not yet been addressed. From what I have gleaned from other sites, they acknowledge the undesirable automatic motor movement while scrolling through the channel list, the limitations of the DiSEqC 1.2 assignment and GUI not displaying the auto assigned DiSEqC motor numbers. We understood that these items were on the short list of being addressed, but to date the changes have not been implemented.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Well, another 4 months have gone by and all we've gotten on this is crickets...............................................................................................

I guess it's much better to find out about stuff like this BEFORE you buy one, or in my case two, then find out that you're screwed!

Annywho, I've said all I'm going to say on this as for the last seven months I've gotten along just fine with the "junk" I'm using now so no need to spend money to buy more junk!:deadhorse2

Reactions: bigg t
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)