Anyone have a "Perfect 10" dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Trying to find someone with a ten foot "Perfect 10" dish. I'm getting close to reassembling it, and pretty much have most of it figured out, but I need info on what order to put the dish "petals" on the hub so I don't bend anything. I was hoping that someone might have their old instructions or manual. I contacted the company and they looked but don't have any thing readily on file. The guy I talked to was going to ask around, but wasn't to sure he could come up with anything. Did a google search, but no luck there.

Here's a pic of the "petals". There are four of these. There's a screw in the "pointy" end that hold it to the mount, Then out about 12" from the center of the mount, is the mount ring that holds two of the petals. Then along the edge of the petal are about 5 places where a bolt goes through that hold each petal to the adjoining petal. Then there's a round cover plate that goes over the center of the petals, that is about 1/8" thick. There are 4 carriage bolts that go through that and through the pointy ends of the petals

Hey what happened to the response that was here from AntAltMike?

Attachments

• petals.jpg
    petals.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
I don't see what your concern is. You screw two panels together, then the other two, and then screw the two halves together. This isn't as tricky as tightening the head on an eight cylinder engine.

I think the carriage bolts go through the cover plate, with the smooth end on the front of the dish and, of course, going into the square holes on the plate that has square holes.

Greg Mueller said:
Hey what happened to the response that was here from AntAltMike?
"Removed for national security reasons"

My initial response said "if this is similar to the Winegard Pinnacle dish...", but then I found some old specs on each dish and saw that it was not sufficiently similar for you to benefit from hearing of my travails with that dish. The Winegard Pinnacle was a deep. deep dish with 8 panels and locking flanges that had to be absolutely muscled together. Everyone who successfully did so figures there should have been an easier way, but there wasn't.

The most important when assembling these is to make the adjacent panels flush with one another. Build the halves standing up, then lay the halves on the ground and bolt them together, being sure to hold the adjoining ribs flush while tightening. Then lean the whole dish on something like the side of the house, a large tree, or a fence and install the center plate. Tighten the center plate bolts to draw the panels flush in the middle. Then put the mount on last and tighten everything. Put the dish on the pole, install 2 feed supports, flip the dish and install the other 2. Then you can install the feedhorn and measure your focal distance.
Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)