Anyone have an update on the D100 serial interface issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dagar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Anyone have an update on the D10 serial interface issues?

Post firmware 'downgrade". Has D* either fixed their problem or is there a workaround?

Oops, D10. Too many numbers floating around :D

When the upgrades went out on the D10 they broke the async serial port interface. I am curious if anyone on this board knows where it stands.

lol, I was about to post that for everyone else :cool:

That's the thread I saw it on a couple of weeks ago. From looking some more, it appears that there is a work around posted for SageTV (which is what I use) linkage

dagar said:
Oops, D10. Too many numbers floating around :D

When the upgrades went out on the D10 they broke the async serial port interface. I am curious if anyone on this board knows where it stands.

I'd be curious to know what you are using the serial port for.
I was thinking it was only there for debugging...

Changing channels. I have a Home Theater PC (HTPC) based system where the video is centrally captured, timeshifted, commercial skipped, and stored, then is distributed to the various viewing locations; i.e. my HDTV, MBR, playroom, lab, etc. I do it now with Cox cable and the Moto STBs. Using serial is the preffered method (or Firewire), and using IR blasters is an inferior method, not one worth considering at all. But I want to change to D* for my 'TV' broadcast service provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)