Anyone have any luck moving up an install?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Got the 622 ordered from a retailer. He called me back and said they can't install until the 22nd of March. He gave me dishes number and told me to call every couple of days to try and get it moved up.
Anyone have any luck doing this?

I got my 622 installed 2-25. I had the receiver for 11 days prior to the install. The receiver was mailed to my house from Dish. The installer said he hadn't had any installs for 2 weeks. He had one on 2-24 and 4 on 2-25. I had asked about getting an earlier install date, but they claimed they were booked up. The installer was real interested in this, as this is his living.

My father's was scheduled for a professional install on 2/22. The installer came at 7pm for a schedule 12pm-5pm install, but didn't have the DP Dual switch he needed. He got the 622 installed so it would see 110/119, but he had us schedule a new appointment for someone to install the correct switch to see the rest of the channels. They set a Saturday 2/25 follow up appointment to complete the install between 12-5pm. They came at 4pm, installed the correct switch, and all is well with his setup now.....

Su Meri said:
Got the 622 ordered from a retailer. He called me back and said they can't install until the 22nd of March. He gave me dishes number and told me to call every couple of days to try and get it moved up.
Anyone have any luck doing this?

Ordered on 2/13, install scheduled for 3/28. No luck moving it up. I told a CSR, just ship it to me. I'll install it myself.

I have been fighting the install battle as well. Ordered on 2/1/06 install 3/31/06. Received my 622 on 2/22/06 called Dish on 2/26/06 and tried the option 1 on the phone tree that states: If you are calling about your install press 1. Used automated system to move my date to 3/2/06. Then called back to vefiy with CSR they said I have no install date. So I told them to give me back my 3/31/06 install but they said they could not only 4/11/06. I hung up and called 800-799-3246 which is Dish service and they said I was setup for install on 3/2/06. Will let y'all know if it happens.

I called on 2/1 for my 622 upgrade with an original install date of 2/28. When I enquired about better dates, I was advised to call back in "a few days" to see if cancellations, etc., allowed for an earlier install. I called back couple of days later and was able to grab a 2/22 slot. The 622 arrived via UPS on 2/15 and was installed and activated on 2/22.

As you can see by earlier replies it is quite hard to do this anymore. You might've better luck calling the local installer (if you know who it is; I didn't) to get a better date. They might be more flexible than Dish Network's customer service. Good luck!

Install did not happen on 3/2/06. Called CSR they told me they could rescheduled me for 4/14/06. Finally call 866-339-7005 talked to Eric at executive office and he had some one call me within 15min and setup new install on 3/3/06. Install went good.

I haven't tried yet. To be honest I am a little nervous about the install. Our new house has been so hippie rigged that our digital cable doesn't even work all of the time. At this point I just hope the installer doesn't laugh at me when I show him what I want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)