Anyone have luck with HDMI Control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theGrok

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
USA
I have a new flat panel and receiver which support HDMI control. Does the 722K support this feature at all? I like this feature because when I turn on a component (a PS3 for example) the TV turns on, the receiver switches to the correct input and when I turn off the TV, all the components shut off. Having trouble getting this working with the 722K.

Then I'd assume the 722k does not support it.

The 722 really does not turn off, and will always be sending video to your display even in standby mode, so it is very unlikely that it is a feature of the 722k

Figured as much but it seems to be interfering with the rest of the HDMI control on the rest of the system thus making it unusable. Too bad, it was a nice feature as the receiver auto switched to the correct input. Suppose I could always connect it via component.

There is limited support for control via HDMI built into the ViP722K. Some have reported the TV mysteriously turning off when the receiver is put in standby mode. I would hope for two things:

1. That this can be disabled

2. That it works completely or they remove it entirely

Not a sat feature

Figured as much but it seems to be interfering with the rest of the HDMI control on the rest of the system thus making it unusable. Too bad, it was a nice feature as the receiver auto switched to the correct input. Suppose I could always connect it via component.

There is no Sat receiver that will support this feature. Reason is the sat receiver ever completely shuts off. They always put out a signal ( and screen saver). They have to stay on to download info from "home".

That consumer feature with HDMI is NOT very well designed. There are countless scenarios where it just won't work as advertised. Sorry you lost your function. Be comforted in knowing that it really rates as a useless feature for many people. Even HDMI itself is hardly a "standard."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts