Anyone having periodic video stuttering on their 622?

I am not seeing Video stutter. I am using 61.5.

I do regularly have audio stutter occur on Modern Marvels on History HD.

I just saw what I'd call a slow stutter on an HD recording (722). About one second of playback, and one second pause, then one second of playback, one second of pause, etc. No sound at all during this. DVR control buttons (pause, ffwd, rewind, etc.) appeared to kind of work, but only after a delay. The wife came up with the idea to stack up a bunch of ffwd commands. About ten of them. They didn't work anywhere near instantly, but after a bit it's like they all made it through and the video jumped forward quite a bit. After that - normal playback and the sound came back.

Is this the "stutter" you guys are talking about?

My stuttering is more like dropped frames. Sometimes I notice it first if I'm watching a channel that has a scrolling marquis along the bottom. It'll scroll and then pause briefly before continuing.

I have seen this problem on my 622 and 722. Seems to come and go.

When was the last time you did a hard reset? If all else fails then do a cold reboot. :D

I have the same problem, for a couple months now. I have found that I can rewind after the stuttering stops and it doesn't happen the second time through. When it stutters I get about 1-2 frames per second and it usually lasts about 10-30 seconds.

Brad

Stuttering happening quite a bit here , at least twice a night. Both on live and on recorded HD content. It's like a slowed down stuttering, not so much a dropped frames. Lasts for about 10 seconds and goes back to normal. If live I can go back and replay and it'll do the same thing for the same amount of time. Seems to be an issue in the data stream perhaps.

I've been noticing the stuttering for about the last month also. Just with recorded programs. No pattern as to channel etc. I thought maybe my 622 was starting to have some problems but with this thread it must be Dish playing around with compression or some such thing. It will sometimes disappear when I back up but again no definite pattern.

I hadn't see it for a few weeks and today I seen it twice playing back Lost.

I've been noticing the same thing brad described, frame rate drops to 2-3 fps for a few seconds then back to normal for a while, repeat as necessary. I saw it yesterday on CNN and several other times the past couple of weeks on both live and recorded events.

The audio is not affected when this happens.

Here is a link to a video capture I did of the issue. Watching Sarah Conner Chronicles last night, recording but watching live. It shows the video stutter, as well as the audio stutter that occurs. (you may need to turn up the volume). This has happened pretty regularly over the past few weeks, maybe more. Once a night at least.

I've noticed the same thing lately, also on my Twin Cities locals. KARE 11 news is was just all jerky through the hole thing last night. I unplugged my 622 for about a minute and plugged it back in. Don't think that did much. Since so may are seing this lately...is there something going on. I can't believe all of our dvr's are going bad at once.

We have had the same problem on both a 622 and 722. I do not believe it is caused by high temperature. The 622 is sitting out in the open on top of a dresser and runs very cool. Our 722 is in a cabinet, but I have made special effort to ensure it is cool, and I have checked the temps. and they have always looked very good, based on other threads where that topic is discussed.

We are on our second 722. The first one had this problem really bad. It would happen several times a day. Sometimes skipping back and forward would make it go away, other times nothing would make it go away, even a reboot. Finally the audio dropped out on all HD channels completely, so I finally called Dish and they replaced it. The new 722 is much, much better; but we have noticed it a few times, and skipping forward and back fixed it quickly. The 622 still does it, but never as bad as our first 722.

The fact that we had one 722 that did it so bad, and a replacement showed such an improvement suggests to me a hardware problem. If so, given all the examples posted here, this could become a major quality problem for Dish. I hope not. Would be nice if it could be fixed with a software upgrade.

Me too,
Doesn't seem to be heat related (or else it probably wouldn't go away after a few seconds).

Perhaps HDD access it being interrupted (by another OS process).

Well at least it seems to be common. It'll probably be addressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)