Anyone having problem with Galaxy 3C?

Is G7 the Galaxy 7 satellite? If so, a search showed that one at 96W with a failure in orbit in November 2000. That would put you near 97W if everything is still in alignment.

Is G7 the Galaxy 7 satellite? If so, a search showed that one at 96W with a failure in orbit in November 2000. That would put you near 97W if everything is still in alignment.
Don't think so since I was still using it after 2002 to sync the DSR905 sidecar on G7, can't remember what that bird was called maybe W7 since it was new bird that went up during that time. The problem is that I could only rename the satellites with a two alpha-numeric moniker in both the Drake and sidecar receivers.

Think G7 was, at one time, at 91w, and the scrambled channels EdT got probably were the Wright-Patterson channels, and T6 was at 93w (and nothing is there now). T5 is on the other side of G3, and my searching shows it was at 97w. Ah the old satellite names! It got really confusing once they started moving them around. It was at that time I went by orbital positions rather than satellite names!
I used G7 mostly for my DSR905 Sidecar, I think it was called W7 or something as it was a new bird in 2002.
Is there a chart of some sort that lists the abbreviations the current operational satellites so I can rename them ?

Yep, just checked and according to Galaxy 25 - Wikipedia Keith is correct. So assuming all is still in alignment with your system that should get you on 97W.
Well for sure G3 was correct and can be used as a refernce point since I was able to catch the CCTV cluster since 2011 and G7 climbs higher than 95w.
Galaxy 25 which is the new Telstar 5 (T5) at 93w would make sense as the old CCTV cluster was on T5(93w) and was moved to G3(95w) in May 2011.
Looks like they like to move the CCTV cluster in May if this is a pattern ...LoL

I used G7 mostly for my DSR905 Sidecar, I think it was called W7 or something as it was a new bird in 2002.
Is there a chart of some sort that lists the abbreviations the current operational satellites so I can rename them ?
You can use North & South America - LyngSat

You should be able determine what satellite 97w is by checking the channels that you get (Ku and/or C-band).

Can you enter just numerics to edit the satellite names, or does it need a alpha letter at the beginning? If you can do just numeric, that would be the way to go to avoid future confusion, LOL!

Galaxy 25 which is the new Telstar 5 (T5) at 93w would make sense as the old CCTV cluster was on T5(93w) and was moved to G3(95w) in May 2011.
I've been doing Ku FTA since 2006, and first put an LNB on 95w (G3C) in 2007 specifically for the CCTV mux. As well, I had a LNB on 93w also in 2007 (removed 2018) and never saw CCTV on 93w. Unless it was on C-band (which, unfortunately, I don't do), then there is something wrong, did your system slip, or something got moved, or positions changed?

I've been doing Ku FTA since 2006, and first put an LNB on 95w (G3C) in 2007 specifically for the CCTV mux. As well, I had a LNB on 93w also in 2007 (removed 2018) and never saw CCTV on 93w. Unless it was on C-band (which, unfortunately, I don't do), then there is something wrong, did your system slip, or something got moved, or positions changed?

Yes the CCTV mux was on C-Band analog and then later on digital MPEG-4 KU-Band on T5 93w. I believe they also had it in MPEG-2 on G3 95w simultaneously as well.

Update: I'm stumped to as whats going on and can't confirm if I got the bird at 97w. The only thing I can be sure of is that G3 is correct so I used it as the reference point to try to find 97w. I no longer trust that the preset satellites have the correct name or positions and I will try to move the dish manually one notch at a time and do a Blind Scan with my Captive Works Ultima in hopes of hitting 97w.

For Example when I moved my dish to G7/GB and did a Blind Scan for FTA I get 12 locks with the same FREE* and Unname channels that simply show "Free Preview - Magnolia Network, Fictions, MAX, DTour, Slice" ad in English and then the other channel in French. I believe this might be Bell's Nimiq 6 at 91w ?

I will try moving my dish manually every two notch and then do a Blind Scan to see if I can find 97W.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Keith is correct. My first aiming at satellite was in 2004 and I received T5 which was at 97 west.
Catamount
Ok, I think I found 97w two notches/clicks west of my preset T5. I get the SES mux, STN mux, but no CCTV mux :(
I did a blind scan at least 4 times to be sure and the signal is coming in strong at quality at 85% and signal strength at 89%.
Why can't I get a lock on the CCTV mux ?

Are you getting more than two transponders? If not, you're not quite there. There are about 11 of them active with FTA channels.

Reactions: EdT and FTA4PA
Are you getting more than two transponders? If not, you're not quite there. There are about 11 of them active with FTA channels.
How can I check how many transponders there are ? There is virtual button that says "Transponder" in the menu screen, but when I pushed on it nothing happens. I noticed when I went into the manual setup "Edit Transponder" I noticed that the frequency 12084 V SR 20760 FEC 3/4 was not on the list for T5 so I added it manually trying to get it on transponder 21, but did nothing after another Blind Scan. So deleted all the useless satellites hoping it would shorten the Blind Scans on the list, but now most of the frequencies disappeared ...WTH ..LoL

I am not too familiar with my DVB Captive Works Ultima receiver to be honest, since I got it in 2011 I was able to catch CCTV mux without much trouble and never really played with it. I will try to post some photos of the menu screens of the DVB receiver when I get a chance.

Here are some photos of the menu screen on my Captive Works Ultima:

IMG_20220510_235141.jpg
IMG_20220510_234924.jpg
IMG_20220510_235032.jpg
IMG_20220510_235248.jpg
IMG_20220510_235534.jpg

If AssyriaSAT is located on transponder 11874 H 22000, as your fifth screenshot seems to indicate, then you have your LNB set up incorrectly. AssyriaSAT is located on transponder 12028 H 22000 (there is no transponder at 11874). Your LNB is a standard (LO of 10750) whereas you have is as Universal (LO of 9750/10600). The difference between the two LOs (10750 - 10600) equals roughly the 150 you have to add to 11874 to get 12028 (actually it is 154 difference, but a few points here or there doesn't matter).

I would change the LNB to standard (LO of 10750) and delete all the transponders/channels for 97w, and re-scan. Also, if you have scanned in 84 FTA TV channels for 97w (again as the fifth screenshot seems to indicate), you are missing some channels (I get 103 FTA TV and 2 scrambled TV channels). There are ten transponders with TV channels.

If AssyriaSAT is located on transponder 11874 H 22000, as your fifth screenshot seems to indicate, then you have your LNB set up incorrectly. AssyriaSAT is located on transponder 12028 H 22000 (there is no transponder at 11874). Your LNB is a standard (LO of 10750) whereas you have is as Universal (LO of 9750/10600). The difference between the two LOs (10750 - 10600) equals roughly the 150 you have to add to 11874 to get 12028 (actually it is 154 difference, but a few points here or there doesn't matter).

I would change the LNB to standard (LO of 10750) and delete all the transponders/channels for 97w, and re-scan. Also, if you have scanned in 84 FTA TV channels for 97w (again as the fifth screenshot seems to indicate), you are missing some channels (I get 103 FTA TV and 2 scrambled TV channels). There are ten transponders with TV channels.
Agree with Keith on settings change. Perhaps a bit more tweaking on the dish will be required as well to get it exactly on 97W.

I will give that a try later day ! ;)

It might be useful to know what exactly are you using for a feed.LNBF or LNB with polarotor or orthomode feed?If polarotor,what is controlling the polarity?In any case,is the skew set correctly?Are you using standard or universal LNBF/LNB?

C-Band LNB: Aspen Eagle, Range: 3.4-4.2GHz, Noise: 17Deg, Gain: 65dB
Ku-Band LNB: Norsat 6605A GM-6921, NF: 0.5dB, Gain: 58dB
Feedhorn: ADL DP3A

C-Band LNB: Aspen Eagle, Range: 3.4-4.2GHz, Noise: 17Deg, Gain: 65dB
Ku-Band LNB: Norsat 6605A GM-6921, NF: 0.5dB, Gain: 58dB
Feedhorn: ADL DP3A
Hard to find the specs for the Ku Band LNB, but I did see a Norsat GM-6921 listed as a Standard LNB (with a LO of 10750).
Easy to check, just delete all transponders for 97w, change the LNB from Universal to Standard, blind scan, and compare the channels with the transponders here: Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W - LyngSat

Reactions: FTA4PA
Hard to find the specs for the Ku Band LNB, but I did see a Norsat GM-6921 listed as a Standard LNB (with a LO of 10750).
Easy to check, just delete all transponders for 97w, change the LNB from Universal to Standard, blind scan, and compare the channels with the transponders here: Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W - LyngSat
I don't see there is a "Standard" option, if I move it from "Universal" it starts giving a slew of numbers like 5150 etc... after each press.
When I checked the transponder list on the T5 satellite it doesn't list the 12084 V 20760 3/4 so I added it manually and that didn't do anything as well. Will it automatically find the transponders if I delete all the listed transponders from the list ? I also changed DISEqC from Auto to LNB1and LNB2 and it didn't do anything as well.
I will try to change LNB to standard (LO of 10750) and delete all the transponders/channels for 97w and re-scan and report back,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)