Anyone having trouble with Dish OTA HD tuners?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Want a fix? Go out and buy OTA tuner that isn't made by Dish Network. My 811 OTA tuner is crap, has been for months. Haven't been able to watch OTA without receiver locking up and rebooting. With another tuner, was able to pull in more stations, have stronger signal strength, less problems of losing signal, and better EPG for OTA locals.

Well, many of us have an HDTV that tunes just fine, but as the with tv, an OTA tuner will do no good for recordings.

Well, I am guess I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one with problems. I switched from Time Warner to Dish about 2 years ago because of all of their problems and it seems as if EVERYTIME Dish releases new software everything is screwed up! WTH!! I am getting so sick of the issues that Dish has with their software. We don't have Dish HD locals so I rely on my OTA as many others do and now its unwatchable...unbelievable.

I have a Vip622 and a Lowes 81 element antenna in my attic. I have 100's on all stations most of the time. It has recorded flawlessly this week(new customer) and all I get is slight random pixelation on NBC. So right now I guess I cant complain.

Same here, flint, mi, channel 12.1 abc. Get 100% signal strength, then "voila" signal loss for a split second. only ota station that it does this on. Please, Dish, Please give us new firmware! :(

Im having the same problem with my local NBC channel, WPSD. This is the only station that does it. I have tried 2 different antennas's pointed any and every direction with the samei issue, and it always worked fine before. Random cut outs no matter what the signal is, even 100% along with 90%, 80%, ect.

Dish REALLY needs to send out new firmware to fix this issue.

It has gotten to the point that if I find something on one of my local OTA channels that I want to watch I just change inputs on my TV to use the OTA tuner in the TV and stay there. So what is the good of the Dish receiver if I end up using the builtin tuner anyway? :(

Have you completely cleared out your OTA channels, rebooted and then rescanned them back in to see if that will help?

Yep. I did that. I even called Dish and they sent me a replacement receiver. Of course it downloaded the same firmware and now does the exact same thing. Worked perfectly until the last software release.:(

My fix for OTA problems with Dish Receivers.

I have found a fix for the OTA problem that works very well for me. While going through some old electronic supplies that I have, I found two packages of TERK Diplexers. While I don't need the Diplexers, I noticed that they each came with a "DC" blocker. Since my antenna is amplified I thought it wouldn't hurt to give them a try. I installed one on each of the cables running to my 211 and 622 receiver. Since then I have had no over the air problems. My OTA channels now show the correct signal strength. Before that the all said that they were 100% and I know that wasn't right. I have been using the "DC" blockers for about two weeks now with great results. I don't know why this fix worked but it did. So at least untill Dish gets their problem fixed, my OTA is back to normal. If you have some of these blockers give one a try and see if it works for you.

I'm having the same problem in the Washington, D.C. area. When viewing the local CBS affiliate (Channel 9) OTA, the signal drops frequently, often causing an error 739. Signal strength is always 98%-100%... then drops to 0%. I was rock solid on this for a year until 4.01 came out. Same problem with 4.03 and 4.05. All other local OTAs are not affected. This sucks. And my WAF (wife acceptance factor) rating was at an all-time low over the past few months when the li'l woman's favorite shows (Survivor and Amazing Race) were frequently subjected to the glitch. Waiting for a fix.

Sometimes my signal strength goes to 0 and I have to unplug the 622 to get them back.

Is there a reboot option somewhere in the menus? Its a pain to go behind my TV and pull the plug.

Sometimes my signal strength goes to 0 and I have to unplug the 622 to get them back.

Is there a reboot option somewhere in the menus? Its a pain to go behind my TV and pull the plug.

I've had this problem on and off since March. I do a "soft reboot" (Hold down the power button on the fron panel until the power cycles). This has fixed the problem for me when it occurs. Hopefully the next s/w version fixes this.

Louisville. Same issue. Was thinking about calling tech to adjust OTA antenna, maybe I'll just wait it out. I just had a Squareshooter installed by a pro at the top of my roof. NBC has always been kinda choppy for me (60s), but the other networks were ok. Just within the last week NBC has become completely unwatchable and Fox is nearly as bad. CBS and ABC are usually consistent, but some occasional drops. Worst is that every now and then it completely drops to 0 on all channels and can't pick up any OTA signal. Soft reboot fixes this.
Sorry, but I'm glad others are having this issue and it sounds like they are working on it. Maybe. Who knows. I hope it gets better soon.

For me a couple of the lower 70+ signal channels cause the error screen for a few seconds then come back. The ones in the 80s less so, and the 90s almost not at all. The worst is the local PBS station... which has 5 channels. I use a set of rabbit ears because I am on a small hill and the transmitters are not that far away. I didnt really have the error screen before the update, just the freezing. But I dont have to reboot. Considering the various reports of others needing to do this I dont know why. 622 dvr and I do have the current software version.

Could it be how long the receiver decides between a short dropout vs a long one? That should be a simple fix such as giving the option to choose between the error screen vs the freezing. Not a fix per se, but might be preferable. Perhaps the problem is seeing more than one signal (called ghosting right?) and not knowing what to do.

Mine is doing the same thing. 100% signal on the local PBS channel with constant dropouts and pixellization.... I don't watch PBS digital much anymore. :mad:

Louisville. Same issue. Was thinking about calling tech to adjust OTA antenna, maybe I'll just wait it out. I just had a Squareshooter installed by a pro at the top of my roof. NBC has always been kinda choppy for me (60s), but the other networks were ok. Just within the last week NBC has become completely unwatchable and Fox is nearly as bad. CBS and ABC are usually consistent, but some occasional drops. Worst is that every now and then it completely drops to 0 on all channels and can't pick up any OTA signal. Soft reboot fixes this.
Sorry, but I'm glad others are having this issue and it sounds like they are working on it. Maybe. Who knows. I hope it gets better soon.

I'm in Louisville also. Squareshooter did not work for me. Now using a Winegard HD9095P (no amp) and have NO problems with OTA reception. My signals on each receiver is a constant 100. Your signal drops indicate a multipath problem.

I live near Flint, MI and also have the Winegard HDxxxx with an amp. I have experienced very few issues (other than the occasional all OTA showing "0" issue). I receive locals from 3 (sometimes 4) different DMA's. I live closer to the Flint DMA (furthest channel is about 25 miles) but I find myself watching the Lansing / Jackson DMA stations (30-50 miles). Once in a "blue moon" i'll get a little pixelization but not enough to be concerned about. I also can watch the Detroit DMA channels with little trouble. I have also experienced little to no problems when recording any of the OTA's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)