Low Band: 10.7 ~ 11.7 GHz

High Band: 11.7 ~ 12.75 GHz

L.O. Frequency

Low Band: 9.75 GHz

High Band: 10.6 GHz

Output

Low Band: 950 ~ 1950 MHz

High Band: 1100 ~ 2150 Mhz

Noise Figure High/Low Band: 0,3 dB ( Typical )

Conversion Gain 50 dB ( Minimum )

Band Switching

Low Band: 0 KHz

High Band: 22 Khz

They are on ebay for $35ish delivered.

Last edited:
I'll know shortly

I've seen talk of them throughout the european market for a while now. I'm gonna pick one up and give it a test, see how well it compares to the Invacoms. I'll report back on my findings.

Hey Spyder,

I noticed you got your LNB and you got your SG-2100 motor on the same days I did. How goes your testing? I might just get my motor put up this weekend but I have the LNB up on the P* dish and so far so good.

I noticed I can watch the E* channels that are in the clear (GolTV) using this LNB!

Actually I haven't installed it and tested it yet. I've been lazy :D I'm putting up a new 90cm dish soon so I'll run it through it paces.

I also picked up one of the new Titanium Edition 0.2 lnbs from a UK vendor I'm very anxious to test out. Test reports in the latest issue of TelleSatellite magazine make it sound very promising. They tested it against an Invacom .3 on 2 seperate dish setups and the claim was it improved the c/n ratio as much as 1.5 - 2 db. That sonds like it may be stretching things just a bit, but we'll see.

Wow - that does sound good. I kind of wish I had something to compare to.

Is the 90cm dish a Fortec? I'm concidering one of these as an alternative to motoring the P* dish. I'm curious how my baby P* dish does against say a Windgard 30" or the 80/90cm Fortec.

So far so good with the fixed P* dish though!

I checked out your website - what did you make the collar for the 1M dish out of? It looks like some kind of pholenetic material. I need to build something like that for my P* mount...

Those are cut from 'Rhino' decking material. A composite/fiberglass type lifetime guarantee material folks are using instead of treated lumber for outdoor decks. I use a 3" and an 1 3/4" hole saw on the drill press , and it's a perfect fit for the sg2100 and primestar mounts.

If you need a set drop me an email, I think I have one set left here :)

My understanding is the 1.2 M dishes use a 3 inch pole mount. Therefore when spyder speaks of using a 3 inch hole saw, my guess he's talking about using the 1.2M dish mount. For those larger mounts his approach probably is the best as there is a larger difference in the size of the motor shaft and the mount. I believe the 1 meter dishes use a 2 3/8 inch pole mount. This is the same pole size as the smaller oval dishes (74E, 84E,etc.). Of course the part that bolts to the dish is different as the bolts are spaced frather apart on the 1.0 and 1.2M dishes. Anyway, for the smaller oval dishes, 2 pieces of PVC pipe (2.0 inch and 1.5 inch schedule 40), a dremel (with fiber cut-off wheel) and a few minutes is all you need to adapter the mount to the Sg2100 shaft. In my opinion this is the easiest and best way to do it for the small oval dishes. For the larger 1.0 and 1.2m dishes Spyders approach is better because of the size different in the pole mount and the motor shaft (for the 1.2M mount) and also because the mounts are made slightly different and made of much heavier and thicker material.

I shot an e-mail to Spyder and I like how those are made.

I dont' know what happened to Stefan's post but it looks like a fairly painless way to do the 1 5/8" --> 2 3/8" spacer on the cheap for not much effort. The attached pic is schedule 40 PVC on top of the original P* 'pole'. If the split 1 1/2" schedule 40 makes up the difference when stretched over the 1 5/8" pole of the motor then I'm going to be in REAL good shape for getting the P* moving this weekend :).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)