Anyone heard of these?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Im looking for new speakers and ive been to two different local retailers and Ive gotten different answers from both places. I asked what speakers they prefer and recomend for something wanting the most bang for their buck, One said Speakercraft, the other Proficient Speakers. Has anyone heard of these, if so how are they?

take a look at the yambeka speaker thread from Digital Dude --- very interesting -- I purchased the 7.1 set for $239 shipped. very cheap, but they sound like they were $1000

Im looking for new speakers and ive been to two different local retailers and Ive gotten different answers from both places. I asked what speakers they prefer and recomend for something wanting the most bang for their buck, One said Speakercraft, the other Proficient Speakers. Has anyone heard of these, if so how are they?

I've never heard of either brand, they both sound like one of probably hundreds of cheap speakers that all roll out of the same factory.
The ones mentioned by jgags6 are apparently very good for the price.........I guess it all depends on your budget. I have always really liked Paradigm speakers, which are a good quality, well made speaker manufactured in Canada. They generally garner some good press and win awards with many of their units. They have always offered a good bang for the buck.

Speakercraft is a well-known manufacturer of HT stuff. Mostly they sell in-wall speakers but they have started going into "box" speakers as well. They're pretty good quality. The other brand I've never heard of.

If you want some really great speakers check out Paradigm. You can view their speaker lines on line and they have many different price points. Paradigm speakers consistently win reviewers hearts (professional sound testers and engineers not joe blow)with their terrific range of sound, sounding better than speakers costing many times more. The sound magazines agree, you can't go wrong with a set of Paradigms.

Speakercraft makes a very nice in wall/ceiling speaker. Check out the AIM 8's. Magnolia/Bestbuy carries them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)