Anyone here switched from Dish???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

downriver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
Specifically How does the HD DVR compare to the Dish 622. C-net rates the 622 much higher. If the 622 is that much better the HR-20 must be pathetic...........Anyone here dumped the 622 for an HR-20??? Whadaya think??

Thanks for responses!!!!

the hr20 just came out a few months ago, it's still new, they are still working out bugs, but it's getting better through firmware updates

dump dish

I just dumped dish because of the extra inning pack. I had two vip622 both worked well. Been with Directv for a week. Over all the Hd dvr work good. I have some sound crack up. I did lose two Hd channels that i watch but i should see them back in 3Q (I hope). At this time i am saving $40 a month to see the same channel i watch.I did not care for voom.So far a good move.:up

I just dumped dish because of the extra inning pack. I had two vip622 both worked well. Been with Directv for a week. Over all the Hd dvr work good. I have some sound crack up. I did lose two Hd channels that i watch but i should see them back in 3Q (I hope). At this time i am saving $40 a month to see the same channel i watch.I did not care for voom.So far a good move.:up

How is the picture quality of D*compared to Dish?

The differences that I know of:

- The 622 can record three channels at one time, the HR20 can do only two
- The HR20 has two ATSC/OTA tuners, the 622 has only one
- The HR20's EPG shows info for all your local ATSC/OTA channels including an subchannls, no need to have a local channel package to get the guide info.
- On the HR20 you can connect an eSATA harddrive that replaces the internal drive on the HR20 for extra capaciy. However you loose any series links and other settings since that's stored on the harddrive and you can't copy things from one to the other.
- The HR20 has the ability to play MP3's or view JPEG's from a LAN attached PC using the approriate software on the PC.

I know the 622 has a number of features that the HR20 doesn't but since you already have a 622 I figure you know what those are already.

- On the HR20 you can connect an eSATA harddrive that replaces the internal drive on the HR20 for extra capaciy. However you loose any series links and other settings since that's stored on the harddrive and you can't copy things from one to the other.
Rad,
Are you saying that IF I hook up a ESATA drive I can no longer set up Series Links ?
Doesn't it work that the internal HD is inactive when the External is hooked up, therefore the info would automatically record onto the External...

I did not know I would lose anything when adding a ESATA other than the use of the 300G internal drive.

Please explain further if you can.

Thanks,
Jimbo

Rad,
Are you saying that IF I hook up a ESATA drive I can no longer set up Series Links ?
Doesn't it work that the internal HD is inactive when the External is hooked up, therefore the info would automatically record onto the External...

I did not know I would lose anything when adding a ESATA other than the use of the 300G internal drive.

Please explain further if you can.

Thanks,
Jimbo

Jimbo, you should probably take a look at http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66201&highlight=esata to read all the gotcha's about the current eSATA support. To clearify, series links will still work, just that you need to set them all up again on the new drive, the ones you set up on the internal drive are not carried over. Hope that helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)