Anyone here use the OTA module on the 222k?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
I am curious because there are 2 local channels that I really like and they are in HD that dish doesnt offer here in PR, PBS and telemundo just to name two since they are only SD on dish, I just want those in HD,I do plan on keeping my local channel package since it includes Fox,NBC,CBS,ABC,CW, etc which are LPTV stations that I cant seem to reach here in PR

is the ota module worth it?I have read many reports of bugs and I am wondering before I blow $30.00 on it, also how is the tuner?is it a cheap tuner or a high gain tuner?(I have a DTV converter box and it scans more channels than my LCD's built in tuner using the same antenna,that is why I am asking)
Thanks in advance for the help

I use the OTA module on two 722K's with absolutely no problems. I know it is not your receiver, but it is similar and the module is the same. I find it's reception to be equal to or superior to my Samsung HDTV's.

My case

The module for 722k is OK but not as sensitive as the one that was in the 622/722. It does have the advantage of there being 2 OTA tuners in one unit though.

The last time I used the OTA module with the 222K, I could not get the 222K to have more than one OTA at a time accessible. In other words, I couldn't have one OTA as the main picture and another OTA in the PIP. The 722 allows this easy, but I couldn't get it to work with the 222K. Now that was several months ago. Since then, I have moved the 222K to another room that does not have access to my OTA, so that problem could have been solved.

Overall, the OTA module is worth it.

The module for 722k is OK but not as sensitive as the one that was in the 622/722. It does have the advantage of there being 2 OTA tuners in one unit though.

Just got my 722K going yesterday. I'm getting same signal strengths as my 722, with one VHF station even higher.

I just got the module ordered directly from dish, made a show about it being cheaper in other places and they waived the shipping:D
waiting for it to come in the mail $29.99 is better than 59.99 for an SD DtvPal,or 45.99 directly from dish with shipping:rolleyes:

If the initial setup of the receiver was done and software installed BEFORE the OTA unit was installed there are no problems with the unit.

Try removing the OTA unit (after unplugging the receiver), powering up the receiver and running it without the OTA unit, shut it back down and reinstall the OTA tuner.

Hope it helps.

meh I wish I knew about the DTVpal when I bought my converter boxes last december
I bought 2 lasonic LTA-260's and they suck for the poor interface and lack of EPG and a good remote
still wish I had my DTV gov coupons

as for the module I am waiting for it to get to my door so I can install it
on my cheap DTV box I get 30 channels(No fox nbc or anything just the puerto rico crap in spanish which I do like some channels PBS,WAPA,Telemundo,Univision)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)