Anyone in Austin, TX area help me with 82W (Nimiq2) & 91W (Nimiq1)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
fitz if i were you id use a Cm on 81 and Cm on 82, i guess I'm preferential to fortec stars
but i swapped all my small dishes for bigger ones the smallest dish i have is *ish 1000 obviously 90 and 80 Cm's(on Nimiq's) are overkill for me here in MN but it always seems to rain when the sporting event you have to watch is on

i think in your area the 80 and 90 cm dishes will help with your weather issues there at times

sounds like your almost set to enjoy *vu:cool:

the receiver should work fine with just 82

no due to focal point. Since the Twin LNB is designed for a 20" dish, when you move the focal point out that will make the spacing between the satellite greater than what the Twin has. You could do 2 LNB's with some wood and a hoseclamp between them but to use the stock option isn't going to work
Thanks Ice, good news about just getting 82W. And yeah, I suspected exactly what you said about the Twin being built for a 20" dish not working on a 31" dish.

How about this...is there an LNBF that will attach to a 1000+ to hit 82W? I'm going to have an extra 1000+ that I might try SSs on before going with the FS 31".

I'd have the 1000+ available as soon as I can get an Eastern Arc dish installed, but in the interim I could make it a weekend project to see what SSs I get on 82W with the 1000+ if there is an LNBF that I could buy for it.

(I'm going to want the one-dish EA configuration to get my Austin locals off of 61.5, so I'll no longer need the 1000+.)

fitz if i were you id use a Cm on 81 and Cm on 82, i guess I'm preferential to fortec stars
but i swapped all my small dishes for bigger ones the smallest dish i have is *ish 1000 obviously 90 and 80 Cm's(on Nimiq's) are overkill for me here in MN but it always seems to rain when the sporting event you have to watch is on
i think in your area the 80 and 90 cm dishes will help with your weather issues there at times
sounds like your almost set to enjoy *vu:cool:
Kinda geting closer. Thanks for affirmation that bigger does seem to be better :)

This is a most interesting thread...

Is there a resource that can tell me what channels each transponder carries (and/or each satellite)?

I may not need two dished either, but would like to know what I'd be missing if I only put up one dish.

This is a most interesting thread...

Is there a resource that can tell me what channels each transponder carries (and/or each satellite)?

I may not need two dished either, but would like to know what I'd be missing if I only put up one dish.

Yeah, here:

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 82°W
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 91°W

I've also attached excels i've created off of these links (from data updated as of 7/3/08) that may allow you to manipulate the data better. On 82W attachment, I've made some notes as to Theme Packages based off of info from Bell's website, but it's still a work in progress.

Attachments

• BEV_91W.xls
    82.5 KB · Views: 163
  • BEV_82W.xls
    48 KB · Views: 198
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts