Anyone in Florida?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Hi,

I just finished installing my motorized antenna last night and I managed to get some channels in a couple of satellites. My setup is:

- Pansat 2500A
- SG2100 motor
- Fortec Star Universal LNB (0.4 dB of Noise Figure)
- Fortec Start 80 cm antenna.

I think I have a tracking problem because looking at the Quality meter in the receiver I only get signal for 1 or 2 satellites. My location is (South Florida):
Longitide: 80.3 W
Latitude: 25.7 N
The satellite I am using as a reference is the AMC-5 (79 W). I used USUALS (DiSEqC 1.3) to move the motor to the correct position and then looked at the best signal movin the motor around the vertical mastil. Then I tried to get signal for the rest of the satellites and I got nothing or just a little bit in the Quality meter.

I need somebody that provides me some information in the Quality meter for a couple of satellites, for example:

Satellite Transponder Quality meter

If those lectures are from somebody in Florida will be better.

RJB

I agree, I'd love to see others' values on certain "yardstick" Conus transponders (even if it's us that determine the yardstick ones) on each satellite so we can compare to the highest value reported per transponder. I think it would be very useful in tweaking our dishes, especially since many transponders are at different output powers from each other.

One note, though, we would need values per receiver model, or at least per brand (common tuner type + very similar or identical firmware) since the different ones are known to report slightly different values at times.

When I get home tonight I'll post some of my values from my Pansat 2500A.

Then if we build up any useful info out of it we could stick this in the FAQ subforum.

rjb
Since you don't have a true south satellite (its off by a degree or two), you might have to tweak the USALS.

Where I am (Mpls, MN) my USALS when it goes to G10 I get quality of 60 on my Pansat 1500. If I change the USALS to 123.4 (instead of 123.0), I get 75 quality

a little bit makes a difference :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)