Anyone in NE Iowa?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm in Missouri...

used to be near Iowa though... about 10 miles south of the border when I was attending Truman State U. in Kirksville

I was born in the Quad Cities, grew up in Ottumwa, spent two years at graduate school in Cedar Falls, and a few months in Lamoni. But for the last 9 years, I have lived in the south.

Also, it appears Mastermesh and I are fellow alumni as I went to NE Missouri State (before the name change to Truman). :)

Small world! I was curious if there were other FTA'ers here. I have only seen one or two ku band dishes in my travels.

Hi Ia.f.b. ...
Lived in Waukon for 7 years, now in SW Iowa for the time being... have
a 31 and 36 incher next to the farm house.

Peter

Good to hear from fellow Iowans! There are more than I thought! I know there are a few from our neighbor up north - MN.

You've only seen a couple of KU dishes? Try looking in neighborhoods with a lot of immigrants. In the small, couple-block area where I walk my dog there are four (not counting mine) None are motorized, all appear to be pointed at IA5; Asian families probably watching the Laotian channels.

In the past year or so, KU dishes are been showing up more and more in Storm Lake, which has a fairly large Asian population. Mine is the only one I've seen with a motor, so I expect us hobbyists are greatly out numbered by those watching the foreign language channels.

Yes, I have only seen a couple. In the ethnic neighborhoods, I seen TONS of Dish 500's. There are some rental house (very large old and run down 3 story type) that have upwads of 8 dishes on the sw corner of the house. It is weird :)

Almost all the hispanics here have Dish 500s, very occasionally there will be a hispanic home with Direct TV, but it's quite rare. I don't know what the difference is between the Spanish packages, but Dish must be favored at least 10 to 1 over Direct.

Direct Tv doesn't have our (Sioux City) locals and Dish does, but that's not the reason... you need a SuperDish for the locals and that's not what they have, they have the Dish 500s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts