Anyone know what type of dish this is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea, it's a hell of a Ku-solution!
Linuxman put a bunch of Ku LNBFs on a fixed 6' Prodelin, to feed his house.
He got great signals on quite a few satellites, all at once.
Pendragon put a 6'er on an H-H AJAK motor, to aim at the hard-to-hear birds (kinda overkill).
And you've got the 8' version, so sit back 'n smile! ;)

I suspect the 6' Prodelin with a dishpro LNB mated to the original feedhorn, would do the job for you.
The 8'er is kinda wasted. :)

Yeah, I know there are better uses for it. But hey, it was free and it does the job I needed it to. Not to mention I feel kinda cool with an 8' dish aimed at the 61.5.
smile.gif
If you had told me 10 years ago I'd be setting up an 8' fiberglass dish in 2011 I would have said you were crazy. Thought those days were long gone.

Really though the two craziest things to me is the reading on the Dish receiver and the fact that it overloaded my digisat. That in itself was fun.

I think the next step after I get it mounted and locked will be to fashion a bracket for the 72.7 and 77 to make a complete eastern arc dish out of it.

I think the next step after I get it mounted and locked will be to fashion a bracket for the 72.7 and 77 to make a complete eastern arc dish out of it.
I wouldn't go to the trouble... not if I already had 72 & 77 on another dish... but what the heck?! ;)
I'd point you to some threads where we've discussed how to find where to locate those other LNBs...
But, with your signal levels, you can just wave the LNBs around by hand, and then mount 'em with any old coathanger. :)

I have 3 Prodelin 1.8m dishes setup for C and Ku band out in the farm and 2 of them have additional LNBFs attached. The main C band LNBFs are located where the VSAT transmitter was, the Ku LNBFs were trial and error method by hand to find the sweet spot with the dish already aimed elsewhere and then fabricated some metal brackets to hold them.

Ok. After testing this thing for a bit I've found that the signal is inconsitent on the spot beam. I'm getting dropouts at random times even though the conus readings stay constant. Between that and the fact that the wife wants it gone anyway, I'm willing to part with it to anyone on here that is interested in picking it up. I'd rather someone else have fun with it than to just throw it out after all that. I'm in Savannah, GA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)