Anyone know what's up with Orby?

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Something appears to be up with Orby. Best Buy put all their Orby receivers on clearance a while back. I tried to access the Orby website today and get the following message:

At this time, we are not activating customer accounts.
Questions? Contact customercare@orbytv.com

Also, I can't log into my Orby account as the whole site appears to be down. Anyone in the know as to what is going on with them?

Do you think it could be weather related? I know it took me about an hour to get my car dug out of the ice today so I could get the covid shot. Otherwise I wouldn,t have bothered.

Do you think it could be weather related? I know it took me about an hour to get my car dug out of the ice today so I could get the covid shot. Otherwise I wouldn,t have bothered.
Orby TV is headquartered in Burbank, CA, so I doubt ice or snow is an issue...

The link on the Orby website to purchase self install kits now shows none available for purchase.

There is now a liquidator on eBay showing more than 10 new regular Orby receivers available for purchase at $65. The same seller has 7 DVRs available at $120.

My hope is that they are upgrading the website. It's been usable, but a few years behind in it's technology. I had been unable to change my subs successfully without calling them the past couple of times I re-upped. Following reading the first of these posts, my browser asked if I wanted to have Google "Translate" their page when going there. To me, that spells either hacking causing an issue, or something related to their online presence.. not anything of the "bad" speculation. Fingers crossed, time will tell.

There's all the signs of shutting down.. first had big clearance sales on the receiver's at Best Buy and now website unreachable..

Was that $10 each or $10 for all 10? It could be someone dishonest like the last ebay seller that scamed me. He sold me a new perculater for $24.50 when the going price that other sellers were selling for 55 to 60 dollars. I even got a tracking number that fed-x delivered it the day before I even bought it. Ebay did refund my money as they cound not get him to reply. . I think the receivers would make good fta receivers. Tv land, your assumptions might be right. If it is I can use the dish for fta and receiverrs for off the air tv. So not a big loss As I got 1 receiver for 50 and the other for 75 so got my moneys worth.

Orby TV is headquartered in Burbank, CA, so I doubt ice or snow is an issue...
Who.is indicates orbytv.com is hosted by a Google server, so it could be anywhere. Just logged into my Orby account and it looks normal. Signed out and now cannot get back in.

The Ti website had a hick-up this week because the server is in Texas and we all know what they are going through.... SatelliteGuys also has been down for almost two days.

Mr dutchman> You think you know it all. I said it could be weather related and you tryed to make me look stupid for bringing it up. I have a brother in law in Texas that just got out of the hospital after the second time in the hospital with covid. And when I got my obry,s set up the gal told me she was working in arizona.

I did post on their Facebook a couple of days ago and no response
I don't do Facebook but asked my wife to check it. She got this. :(

Screenshot from 2021-02-16 19-40-56.png

Reactions: Tvland1
I made a post on Orbys facebook page 2 days ago about something going on and shutting down and sure enough their Facebook is now gone..So I don't know what else we need to be convinced that They are done..Think I'll call and have a new credit card issued now so they don't charge me again.

SatelliteGuys also has been down for almost two days.

SatelliteGuys has been online we were only down for 40 minutes when we moved to our new server. (And we were never actually down, the screen showed we were down for maintenance. when we moved over poof the system filled up with users again on the new server.

BTW on the Orby front, I see Orby has deleted all their videos from their YouTube Channel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: FTA4PA and Tvland1
Tvland1 Are you still receiving programing or is anyone still receiving programing? I took my dish down a couple months ago so I can install a new pipe for the dish. I didn,t bother stopping the monthly payment as I expected to have the new pipe done by now. I was just using the receiver for a tv antenna ota receiver. Ps I couldn,t find them cheap receivers that someone here mentioned that was on ebay but there is lots of others there. If they did go bankrupt do you think they can still bill us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)