Anyone know why I lose two specific channels depending on time of day?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhlfan79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I don't know if D* has been fooling around with transponders, but for some reason the past few days I have been able to receive a strong signal on HDNet Movies and Universal HD in the mornings, but then no signal at all at night. It's totally weird. I don't think line-of-sight is the culprit (although I do have a pretty narrow sightline). This has only happened recently. I used to have no problem receiving all of the HD channels. Anyone have any ideas?

OK, I did some investigating and both (fortunately, the only two) channels I am missing are on 110, transponders 10 and 12, respectively. Here's what's weird. When I go to channel 494 on my HTL-HD, I receive the appropriate message showing that I'm receiving the satellite. When I try the same thing on either of my two SD TiVos, I either get the "Channel Not Available" message or the message about "Searching for Satellite In 2" (or whatever). I then go into the SD TiVo signal test and I get approximately a 40-something reading on transponder 8, and zeroes on transponders 10 and 12.

So, my follow-up question is this: Does the fact that I can get some, but not all, of the transponders on 110 indicate a bad LNB? Or a bad multiswitch? Misaligned dish? Or something else? As I noted in my original question, my reception varies depending on the time of day. In the morning, I can receive the two channels in question (HDNM, UHD) steadily. Afternoon and evening, no signal at all. Is heat somehow a factor?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)