Anyone motoring with DVB World box?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I did some searches but didn't see any cases of anyone using a motor with their DVB World (Nextorm) box. I want to get a motor because it was DANG cold the other night moving the dish to SBS6 (G17), but all I have is the DVB World and a Skystar 2 (don't want to do the motor surgery). If I can get the DVB world to move the disk, I can scan with the skystar.

Second question is I have 1 lnb, 1 cable to the PC, can I split the cable at the pc to the DVB World and the Skystar? One to pesudo-scan, the other to view.

I use the Pansat to move the P* and my GI analog box to move my BUD. Both my Ku and C-Band go into the Pansat via Disecq and I use IF-output to worldbox. In fact, one day, I tried to do a direct-connect to the p* with it parked on G-17/SBS-6 and I was not even able to tune ONN. I need to re-read the manual but they claim it will move a dish.

Also, did you see this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-pc-dvb-discussion/110211-so-i-bought-skystar-2-a.html

I read the manual again today and it talks as though it should move the dish, but I don't want to buy a motor if it won't. One day I will probably buy a receiver, but right now would rather have a motor.

I guess if I buy a motor and it doesn't work, that will be motivation to buy a receiver and sell the skystar....

heh ! - :eek:

Ain't it true? - :cool:

You can inhale more knowledge by visiting at SatGuy's, than you'll find in most FTA-related manuals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)