Anyone "moved" successfully, post-merger?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update: I tried to "move" back to my fake address, and their system kept changing the Service Address back to my actual address. I never even got the locals from the other address before it would change back. I tried several times. Is there any way around this, other than physically moving to the other market to get a Directv technician to set it up there?
By the way, are you sure you're not red-flagged for something?

Maybe you should stay on your computer while you're talking to tech support and remember to logout and log back in and let them know if it's changed on your end or not. Also pay attention to your TV while on the phone and let them know if the locals changed or not. I always stay on the phone with them until I can see that everything's changed on my end.
I never got through on the computer. (I wonder if a pop-up blocker prevents the chat window from opening?) I did all of that while I was on the phone with them, and nothing ever changed on my end. Every time, I would call back and use the automated phone system to check the Service Address, and it had changed back to the old address. At one point, the representative that I was speaking with actually saw the address change back on her end, while I was still on the phone. There was nothing she could do to fix it, or stop it from happening again.

I never got through on the computer. (I wonder if a pop-up blocker prevents the chat window from opening?) I did all of that while I was on the phone with them, and nothing ever changed on my end. Every time, I would call back and use the automated phone system to check the Service Address, and it had changed back to the old address. At one point, the representative that I was speaking with actually saw the address change back on her end, while I was still on the phone. There was nothing she could do to fix it, or stop it from happening again.
I'm not talking about chat; I'm talking about logging into your DirecTV account and verifying it while on the phone with them.

Last edited:
Well tried chat another time just now and go it updated, they didn't put the street number just the street name. Oh well got it working is all that matters

Reactions: edisonprime
Well tried chat another time just now and go it updated, they didn't put the street number just the street name. Oh well got it working is all that matters
For future reference, you probably would have an easier time with it on the phone. I even know with me they happen to have my addresses saved because a few of the CSRs told me that a few times. I have mentioned to them before that my "moved" address is my vacation home. I've even "moved" back as soon as the tech drove away. By the way, I'd check on Google Maps and/or Google Search to verify that the address that they put down isn't an actual address. You never know if someone in that home plans on getting DirecTV, and that would probably get you red-flagged if that happened.

I'm not talking about chat; I'm talking about logging into your DirecTV account and verifying it while on the phone with them.
I did that after the first phone call (after I first logged in and was unable to use chat) and saw that nothing had changed, which is why I called back after I got home and saw that the locals hadn't changed, either. I use a computer at the public library for internet access, so it is kind of hard to do all three things (log in to my account, talk on the phone, and check the channels on the TV at home) at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)