Anyone notice that Discover channel stopped airing Top Gear?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
East Coast
Well, I tried to look for the right forum to put this in but I think I'm somewhat accurate.

Basically I recently found out that the Discovery channel was airing Top Gear twice a week but on this week my 921 DVR recorded something else. I checked next week's guide and the web site and Top Gear is not airing! Does anyone know what happened? Thanks.

Top Gear

In the UK Top Gear is a one hour programme without adverts. To fit in with the US format some rather inelegant cuts are made and segments are added to provide more information for the US viewers. Hopefully Discovery will put it back on with better editing.

BBC World shows an even more truncated half hour version.

I'm not much into cars, but this show caught my eye a few months back, and I've tried to catch it whenever I could. I was hoping to see the last episode of the most recent season, which according to the BBC website included a less-than-flattering review of the Ford F-150, the top selling car in the world:

From the BBC said:
So, what IS the world's best selling car? Well, the title gives the game away a bit, but still, we think you will agree, it's a bit of a surprise to find out that it's a car you may well never have heard of. But it's also a surprise that the world's favourite car is a Ford. And that it's a pick-up truck.

But what is truly the biggest surprise of all, is that the world's best-selling car is pretty hopeless. Although we do accept that the F150 isn't really made for the UK it's also suffering from a rather large dose of "American build quality". So, basically, the inside looks like it's fashioned out of old melted boots, and none of the trim fits properly.

The 380bhp engine is the same as the one you get in the Ford GT. Which means it can propel you to 60mph in 5.8 seconds. Which, let's face it, is remarkable. What is slightly worrying is that for a car with that much power, it seems a little badly made. So, it's entirely possible that while you are whooping and hollering about how fast your truck can go, you won't have noticed that the steering wheel has come off in your hands and that you are, in fact, heading for a ravine.

I love that the guys are opinionated, even though the wikipedia entry for host Jeremy Clarkson seems to indicate he's a bit of a congenital turd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)