Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

I ordered a bluray of A Bridge Too Far on Wednesday. I got an email today saying they shipped it and it will arrive on Tuesday..... Getting better?

I constantly check format. Many high demand BluRay's are available now in DVD. My BluRay player upconverts and the PQ is fine.

I think they scaled it back, like the stores, to try and find some level that it would make some money and work, but it probably never did. I knew I was in trouble when they went from a Pensacola mailing center to Atlanta.

Does anyone know why Dish bought Blockbuster in the first place?

I think it was one of those ideas that may have looked good on paper buying Blockbuster, the trademarks and such. But I don't think the plan really moved from that. I think at first they wanted to be a alternative to Netflix, but that didn't really happen.

Always a bit surprised though, just went to our local BB to do an exchange, figured I might as well before the service ends, always good traffic at our BB

Streaming seems to be the future, with postage and handling......lack of supply, unhappy customers, etc. the choice was most likely easy. Ironically after sever months of terrible service lately it's been pretty good.
?The only thing for sure is change. :coffee

Well, I guess it's done:

As of September 19th, 2013, Blockbuster @Home™ will no longer include DVDs or games by mail. You continue to have access to all of the other great features included in Blockbuster @Home™, now offering 15 movie channels and 6 entertainment channels, including EPIX® (chs. 380-382), STARZ® Cinema (ch. 353), Sony Movie Channel (ch. 386) and Hallmark Movie Channel (ch. 187). Plus you get thousands of hours of movies and shows streamed to your TV, computer or tablet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)