Anyone noticing major pixelation with their 942?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I am currently watching From Dusk Till Dawn on Encore Action and it seems to be pixelating a lot. But it goes away when I go either up or down a channel and then back to the channel I was watching. It seems to be happening with many different channels, not just the premium. Anyone else experiencing this?

942 & Pixel Problems

I too am having pixelations on what now seems like almost all of the Sat and OTA stations since the latest downloads took place. When I first got the receiver, I had no pixels at all just the sync delay which has actually gotten better. But the pixels have not and seem to be getting worse showing up on most channels that I watch. The sports channels are the hardest to watch as I am having to constantly use the channel up/down function to make it better. But even that does not remove them once and for all. But all in all, it's a great dvr receiver...

I will agree with you that it is a very good receiver. Even my HD receiver I used from Time Warner had pixelation in it but not half as bad as this is now. Same as you, since the last upload. Hopefully it will be fixed sometime soon.

same situation here...all over the SD channels on my 942 since last update. Disappointing considering that mine had been dang near bulletproof prior to this update.

You can add me to the list of subs who now have pixelation problems (sat & OTA channels) since the latest software download. They do not happen all the time but they almost never happened before.

I am not seeing any pixelation on my tvs. I have a 57" Toshiba hd tv and a 26" Toshiba hd tv. I wonder if it is limited to a certain brand of tv. Maybe the 942 is having problems with that certain brand of tv or certain brands of tvs. Maybe if everyone that has the pixelation problem could tell us what kind of brand of tv they have and we can narrow it down.

I am having my DishNetwork and 942 installed on Saturday and can't wait. I also read somewhere (while researching the 942) that E* is supposedly aware of some PQ issues on the 942 and were fixing it for the next release... But being involved in commercial software development myself, everything is always in the "next release". ;)

Grandpa J said:
You can add me to the list of subs who now have pixelation problems (sat & OTA channels) since the latest software download. They do not happen all the time but they almost never happened before.

Me too on Sat & OTA, SD & HD. I'm also getting a lot of little 1 second video freezes when watching delayed. On a few times the video has froze up solid while the audio keeps going and had to do a front panel reset to get out of it.
Still a lot of audio skips & "warbleing". This happens from the regular tv sound, as I don't use the external audio receiver at night.

I have seen this also. On my Hitachi 52 projection hd tv (hdmi-dvi connection), it is typically on the right side and for sat. broadcast. For OTA Digital pictures, I have seen quite a bit of picture freezing.

I don't think its the tv's...

I am running mine on a Sony 51" widescreen. I don't think it has anything to do with the tv's as I wasn't having this problem prior to the most recent release. Just consider yourself one of the lucky ones if you are having no problems.

Noticing more pixelation also. Toshiba 52hm84 HD tv. I have the 811. Did not have my tv hooked up to phone line because I was afraid of what might happen. Then I decided to hook it up and now more pixelation. Seems to be happening on the OTA channels more than the hd but am noticing it on some HD channels as well.

It was really bad on 310 (Cinemax) yesterday, and on FSN last Friday evening. Usually happens when there's a lot of panning from left to right. I haven't seen it on the HD/Voom channels...but have noticed it randomly on the SD channels. 310 looks fine today and the football game hasn't had any problems at all.

I didn't notice this issue with 281.

Now that you guys are mentioning it, I am having problems with my OTA getting in channels that I didn't have any problems with prior. Could just be the weather though so I don't want to blame the 942 just yet...

long_time_DNC said:
It was really bad on 310 (Cinemax) yesterday,

Yeah...the Cinemax channels have been bad on mine, too...not sure if it cause I've been watching them more or not, but they seem worse that some of the others.

When did ya'll start noticing this? On my 811 when i'm watching a channel it will pixelate and lose audio for about 2 seconds and then come back like nothing happened. I have excellant signal strength so I no thats not the case and I haven't really noticed it more on some channels than others but I'm going to start watching to see which channels it happens more on.

Past couple of weeks here. I hope it gets fixed as I didn't move from Time Warner for more problems.

This sounds like Dish Network is doing more and more compression of the SD channels. Our 6000 units have been having trouble also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts