Anyone play Lego Star Wars ?

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Doesn't matter which gaming platform. I've played them on the xbox, 360, and Wii. Just great family games. My 2 sons and I have a blast playing them. Downside is trying to 100% finish them. Very addictive. A nice change of pace to the "run and gun" type games.

My son has then on multiple platforms; PS2 and DS. Loves them. But also loves the other Star Wars Battlefront games on his PS2.

We've been waiting for the Battlefront series for the 360. Also looking forward to Lego Indiana Jones and Batman.

I concur on Lego Star Wars. I found myself compulsively finishing the demo that was part of a Official Playstation Magazine disc a while back (miss that magazine)...I blinked and it was 2am, I just HAD to max it out and clear all the unlockables ;)!

A buddy got me the game for the PS3 this past holiday season and it's a real riot. Lots of fun. Just as addictive and relaxing as the demo. I do have to monitor my time, however.

Between that and 'Mass Effect' on the 360, its a wonder I get anything 'real' done.

I just recently bought Lego Star Wars for the PS3 a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait to start playing as soon as I get throught Ratchet & Clank in challenge mode for the second time. The GF is pretty happy that I finally have a game that we play together, a big reason I got it.

It's a fun game. Simplistic gameplay but nearly any Star Wars fan will appreciate it. Also it helps that you basically can't die (in the sense that if you lose all your energy, it is not game over) Note though that multiple achievements are based on you not dying in a level.

I would recommend it.

Not that it matters in the big scheme of things, but my wife, God bless her for being an occasional gamer herself...well, she launched the PS3 under my login this weekend, fired up Lego Star Wars, and started a New Game. Well, unbeknownst to her, that, in effect, erased my prior game and all saves. So now I get to start over...nice.

Stupid save design/implementation if you ask me (there's no reason you shouldn't have the ability to have multiple contiguous games going under a single login, or at least a BIG warning when you're about to wipe out hours of gameplay). Needless to say, I was a little upset to lose all that "work." Yargh.

Be warned.

Not that it matters in the big scheme of things, but my wife, God bless her for being an occasional gamer herself...well, she launched the PS3 under my login this weekend, fired up Lego Star Wars, and started a New Game. Well, unbeknownst to her, that, in effect, erased my prior game and all saves. So now I get to start over...nice.

Stupid save design/implementation if you ask me (there's no reason you shouldn't have the ability to have multiple contiguous games going under a single login, or at least a BIG warning when you're about to wipe out hours of gameplay). Needless to say, I was a little upset to lose all that "work." Yargh.

Be warned.

Thanks for the warning. I assume then I can create multiple user logins on my PS3 so my girlfriend or her daughter can have their own game going separate from mine if we wanted to do that. I'm also thinking that i might want to have a game in single player mode going for myself and another game in co-op mode for when my GF wants to play with me. How would that work?

Thanks for the warning. I assume then I can create multiple user logins on my PS3 so my girlfriend or her daughter can have their own game going separate from mine if we wanted to do that. I'm also thinking that i might want to have a game in single player mode going for myself and another game in co-op mode for when my GF wants to play with me. How would that work?

I think it's the same as single when in coop. I think I read in the book that when some else plays along that all the studs count as in single player. And yes, you can creat multiple accounts (log ins) on the PS3.

Yeah. We HAVE our own profiles to keep things sorted...it just didn't strike my wife as a necessarily destructive process to remain logged in to my account and start a 'new game.' I can't blame her...you'd think that it would mean setting up a new, seperate game save, but it's NOT.

As for the coop mode save...I think (haven't done it because we've been waiting for rumble controllers to come out before buying a second one) that it saves your coop WITHIN your master solo game save. I know. Not as 'efficient/flexible' but seems like that's all you get...a game save per account.

Yeah. We HAVE our own profiles to keep things sorted...it just didn't strike my wife as a necessarily destructive process to remain logged in to my account and start a 'new game.' I can't blame her...you'd think that it would mean setting up a new, seperate game save, but it's NOT.

As for the coop mode save...I think (haven't done it because we've been waiting for rumble controllers to come out before buying a second one) that it saves your coop WITHIN your master solo game save. I know. Not as 'efficient/flexible' but seems like that's all you get...a game save per account.

I guess that's better than nothing. At least, forwarned, I can now hopefully avoid the same problem you ran into. Thanks.

I thought there are 3 save game files in Lego Star Wars, at least on the PS3... dunno havnt played in months... wife and I used to play this to unwind and relax after the little guy went down for his naps..

that is before I relapsed/and she bacame a WOW addict.. lol

Just a quick FYI if you haven't been following the DualShock3 thread--Lego Star Wars on PS3, while not mentioned in the official compatibility page's list, DOES support rumble. I tested it out last night. Nice. Especially in fighting/racing sequences...which is much of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)