Anyone real Slow at setting up ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Well I finally picked up my Paraclipse Dish yesterday, only took out one panel and divided the dish in half for transport, this dish panel has many clips , very easy to remove ........... believe it or not I used my fingernails .

I do have to replace many bolts and screws , they were rusted and some broke.

Well it was at least a month and a half ago that I bought it thru Ebay , presently in the garage .... well as of last night .......

I'm excited ......... Yes ......... von weisse actuator + 905 4dtv sidecar , tried hooking up sidecar to Ku dish last night to see if I could see anything but nothing yet.

My only thought now is what is left to do to get this operational again and how soon I am going to do this.

1st I need to get a long post cemented in the ground next to my garage , I plan on also bracing the pole against the garage.

So do we have any procrastinators here who can share their story about how long it took them to set up , I'm hoping I can get this done by end of August ............................... LOL

How long??? Uhmmmmmm.... Lets see.... I have a 12' fiberglass sitting in the garage, had it for about 2 years now. I have a 10' fiberglass out by the wellhouse, had it about 4 years. I have another 10' fiberglass, I got for my sister, over at her place (next door) laying against her 2 story house/garage/shop, had for a couple of months. And I have a 10' mesh sitting under a pine tree out in the back, had it about 3 years. And oh yeah, I have a 5' solid aluminum dish with an AJAX HH motor (modified mount), that I've had for a couple of years now. I actually had it operational and had used a Corotor2 off of another BUD to test it with, and put the Corotor back where it belongs. And just haven't gotten back to it.
My mind goes in different directions, and I tend to follow it. Hopefully you won't be as long as I have been, but I do have 2 fully operational BUD's, a 10' fiberglass and a 10' mesh. Good Luck and Speed to ya!

Al

i got an 8 ft mesh dish and put it up that day. i ran the cables into my bedroom and hooked them all up to the box, it took me about 8 hrs total. it depends on how bad you want the thing done.

Months ago, got a free 8 footer from a guy down the road. He was nice enough to load it in his truck, bring it over, and lay everything down on the ground. FREE FREE dish.

Sits til this day. Getting wet, ghetto aimed, no luck. I'm dreading everything cause I know nothing of big dishes. I've called an installer, he is too busy with everything. Anyone live in South florida wanna help?

I bet you if I paid hundreds for a new big dish it would be up and running the day it arrived. Same goes for my Technic 1200 turntables that sit and collect dust to this day. Got them free from one of our radio station buyouts. (They left the music format)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts