Anyone running KnoppMyth or other MythTV with 102g?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shawn95GT said:
It all depends how much you want to be able to record. I'd think a 20 Gig drive owuld work but you won't be ablew to record much. Preferably at least a 40 Gig and anything up from there is gravy.

I just put 400 Gig drives in two of my Tivos ;).

Was not thinking that far ahead . :)

Was just thinking about enough to run the OS & the program .

I have a cousin thinking about upgrading his DTV Tivo . But like me , he knows next to nothing about Linux . :-(

Do you have any FAQ's you could pass along , that I could send him ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

WyrTwister said:
Do you have any FAQ's you could pass along , that I could send him ?

Thanks ,
Wyr
I used the instuctions from here:

http://tivo.upgrade-instructions.com/index.php

and I used the 'free download' LB48 CD from PTVUpgrade.com

http://www.ptvupgrade.com/products/software/lba48/index.html

It's really easy once you figure out the instructions. The hardest part for me was setting up a FAT32 drive to make the backup image to. You don't 'have' to do this part but I thought saving an image was cheap insurance.

The only other reccomendation I'd make is to replace the existing drive with a big one instead of two drives.

I installed this.

I think it was the hardest DVR software to install ever, and I have installed each and every other on on the market today that is free (or has a free trial).

But if you want your free local HD on Cable thats not encrypted its the only way to go as XP and Vista do not have QAM cable drivers yet.

Shawn95GT said:
I had used an older build before. Today I downloaded RC5C7 from:

ftp://ftp.knoppmyth.net/R5/R5C7/

I installed using the 2nd option - the first is just a frontend.

It booted and asked for my root password and proceeded to setup MythTV.

after setting it up I got:

Were you installing it while viewing your computer over a television set, or were you viewing everything on a computer monitor?

Here's my problem, I do not have a spare computer monitor to use upstairs where my HTPC and Winegard dish are located. So, I had used ProgDVB with my Nexus-S with MS Windows XP on the hard drive. Have tried to play with many different linux versions (including KnoppMyth), but cannot view any of them on the TV screen.

If you were able to get it going right from the outset with a television set and no monitor, I would appreciate your experience on that as well.

Please provide any suggestions (other than going out and buying another computer monitor).

greyskies in sunny South Florida

That was all done at the PC.

On my PC that I have hooked to the TV I connect the TV right to the DVI putput of the card. This doesn't render quite right on the screen but there is a utility called 'powerstip' that is supposed to take care of it.

I haven't tried it on a card that treats the TV as a 2nd monitor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts