Anyone think we will have Fox HD in time for Superbowl XL (5 Feb)?

Last week E* uploaded a bunch of HD channels to their birds, but they are still hidden (the rest of the Voom channels, ESPN2-HD, and the three networks they don't carry yet). It looks llike you have a fighting chance IF you are in a market that qualifies.

Dare I get greedy and ask for the WB in HD too? Smallville on HDNet is amazing looking and it would be nice to get the first run episodes that way.

UPN? Who cares. Since they cancelled Enterprise do they even HAVE any HD shows?

Fox HD

I think Dish would let everyone have there distant nets in HD but the networks have to world by the balls. Didn't you know they own you! You are there personal property and they have all the lobist in washington to back them up> It is sort of like reading the New York Times in Denver and being arrested because it it not allowed. Some time in the future this BS has to change!

Remember the TV exec who tried to argue that we had an implied contract to watch their ads, and those with Tivos were breaking that contract by skipping the ads? This is the way these execs think. TV is not a public service, it is an audience delivery mechanism to soak the ad buyers with....

Weird link... they say I don't qualify for either NY or LA as I have locals in my area.... Except that the New York Locals ARE my local area.....

BFG said:
I used DirecTV's application. The same rules are set for both DBS companies, so if Dish ever did carry Distant Digitals that same should apply.

http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressEntry.asp

I don't know about other addresses but for mine it isn't within a row of touch holes. Some of the channels they list are so far away (in hill country!) they're not receivable by anyone in this area. I'm at 700 ft above sea level with a $ 500 antenna / rotor / amp setup and can not get one of the channels they list. There is one network and 2 PBS digitals I do get but they don't even list those. Also the station numbers they show do not even go with the call signs they're listing. All in all "D"s system is an abomination but then again antennaweb.org isn't ver accurate for Vermont either.

LMAO it says I have ABC WMUR-DT 38 Grade A (strong signal) That hillarious thats like 70 miles from HAHAHAHHAHAHA. I live MTN country near walt. Theres no damn way in hell Im going to get that signal theres a mtn right in front of me that would stop me from getttin that!!!I feel that if you put up a 100$ antenna and you cant get a major affiliate you should be able to get the HD DN feed. Period. But then again this is the goverment were talking about. Lets push the who digital HD thing and get people hooked on it and then limit people who want it.

ABC WMUR-DT 38 Grade A (strong signal)
Seems like ABC LIES THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

My address shows TWO supposedly digital translators - one Grade A the other Grade B. NEITHER is digital, and the "A" is MAYBE a "B", while the "B" is non-existent.

KRDO SUCKS

There's a pattern emerging here. I wish we could get an accurrate poll of exactly how many are predicted to receive digital signals vs how many can actually get them with a decent antenna.

My theory is that the whole prediction method is a scam and if it could somehow be proven, I think a case could be made for some rule changes.

I'm sure my area isn't the only one that receives false signal prediction information. I say false because I spent over $500 on an antenna, rotor and amp; it's at 800 ft above sea level; I have moutainess views to the east and south. I'm sure my conditions are a lot more optimal than most in terms of being able to receive digital OTA signals and I can't even get my meter to flicker for ABC, CBS or Fox - 2 of which I'm predicted to receive an "A" or "B" signal for from the "D"'s qualification site.

As an example of the "falseness" of the system, it lists me as getting a grade "A" signal for an ABC digital channel thats 70 miles away. I not only get no signal at all for their digital channel, I can't even get a watchable picture for their analog channel. That same analog channel is on my basic cable tier and it looks like crap there.

Now my local NBC (tower 50 miles away) just launched a digital station this Fall and I actually get a great signal from it and the Vermont PBS HD station at the same location. Yet neither of these stations are listed as my being able to get at "D"s site. In fact the antennaweb.org site still doesn't list the NBC station for my area even though I've emailed them about it 3 times.

Am I just one isolated situation that falls through the cracks or is this whole method of determing who is "served" and "unserved" a bunch of BS to keep people from getting the digital DNS.

Noteworthy is a response I recieved on another forum:

When SHVERA passed last Dec, the FCC supposedly had a year to come up with a system for determing the "digital white areas". Well apparently they are not and the same analog prediction system is going to continue to be used. This is the system that gives the results I'm ranting about above. To make it worse, the FCC has issued rules that basically eliminates the previous signal testing procedure used to "appeal" their erronuous disqualification methods.

Anyway, as usual I've rambled on here but my point is many of us are getting the "digital shaft" and I wish there was some way to expose and rectify this bull sh*t.

Anyway, as usual I've rambled on here but my point is many of us are getting the "digital shaft" and I wish there was some way to expose and rectify this bull sh*t.
I agree. I've tried to talk to my congressman about it, but he's so old he can't even watch TV, and I think I saw a pack of $100 bills marked KRDO hanging out of his pocket. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)