Anyone use Fortec's Channel Editor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a Fortec Mercury II (which I love) not a Classic NA and I have in the past used Channel Master to edit my channel list.

i got all my stuff downloaded last week and have the cable for the CS5K
and this was the part i found discouraging. i couldn't get them to sync up
so there must be a set way to download the file to the pc ( and coolsat has a loader program) so i used that . never got what i was trying for. But today i tried the loader program again and it worked . so now i think i will try CM to look at editing my channels.
good luck Larry and most stores should have the cables if you need null, rat shack or staples has that too.

I found some at Staples...if they have them in stock - $2.99. Rat Shack, the only thing in stock is a regular cable and adapter - $27!

well also something to watchout forif you use a program for the fortec. my is for the Coolsat that downloads / uploads (loader program) well it does other things too. and in my not knowing anything about the program ,looks like uploaded an older version of the software on the CS5K. i didn't look at the tabs in the program and was in the upload software to the receiver area ( only one direction possible in this section , needed to be in the channel tab area it does both upload & download. now my receiver is version 1.00 instead of version 1.01

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have a Fortec Mercury II (which I love) not a Classic NA and I have in the past used Channel Master to edit my channel list.

last time I tried to use channel master it wouldnt open the .bin files that fortec's chanellist app saved. Id love to use channel master for my fortec, as I use it for the dreambox all the time, got a tip ?

Didn't Ice say he uses CM? Or maybe that is for another receiver of his. Worse case, I can use Fortec's. I want to use it as a backup so I don't have to set everything back up :)

yeah Ice uses CM , now to find out if it lets you change the Sat names or is that just a set (software) thing lol it was one of the quirks that bugged me lol wrong satellite names

oh and also to search for the software version that i already had lol since i change it. would like to update it back to the version that shipped from the factory which is newer than the one i inadvertly updated to.

Larry did you get to try CM yet.

well the last time i looked at rat shack just the adapter was $10 and the cable was $25 you can get one from one of the sponsers here for that shipped
Pete got the USB version ... how does it work Pete ? do you like it ? don't know if the USB version does null maybe Pete would know. Wally World even had them here (straight not null)

Wal Mart is the only place I didn't go. I figure for $30ish, I may as well order a receiver for $100 that comes with the cable :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)