Anyone using Tivo with their FIOS?

I did until one of the updates made mine start glitching. The sound cuts in and out and has been driving me crazier than I already am. On one of the other units the picture cuts out sometimes too. It seems to be a problem that a lot of people have. I have tried all of the little tricks listed.
So, I started looking at TIVO. Wish I could cut the cord but it just isnt likely in this household.

Reactions: navychop
Check out Tivo Community Forums. You shouldn't have any problems with Tivo and Fios, but there are many users on TCF with Tivo/Fios setups that can probably get you more answers. I love my Tivo's with Cox now that it is all setup and running. Cable card was a pain to get activated correctly, but that is on Cox and lack of training their call center employees.

Reactions: SatelliteGAL
Well, as an update I did go for the TIVOs. Two Bolts and a mini so far. They have replaced my FIOS system and I am saving $70 per month. We really like the TIVO boxes a lot. The skip feature is great and so far has been on a lot of the new fall shows we have recorded. Even with the "all in" plan the boxes will pay for themselves in no time at all. We no longer have the problem with the sound that was driving me crazy. So, if anyone is thinking about it they work great with the FIOS system. We didn't use the on demand much so we do not miss it any.

Reactions: osu1991
DBSTalk has some discussion on this. Diana Collins and some other discuss their experiences from time to time.

SatGal, I thought you were happy with the FiOS boxes. This is strictly a money saving move, right?

SatGal, I thought you were happy with the FiOS boxes. This is strictly a money saving move, right?
Actually both. After one of their updates we starting having problems with the new boxes. The sound kept cutting in and out and sometimes the sound and picture. Most of the time only for a second but it would do it repeatedly sometimes and it was pretty annoying. It's a problem a lot of people were having. There were a few things you could try to fix the issue but none of them worked and talking to FIOS didnt help either. They reset my ONT and my boxes and it still happened. So when we figured out how much we could save by going to TIVO we decided to do it. My husband had rewards from his travels that paid for the boxes themselves so we just paid the "all in" on the 2 bolts. We haven't had the sound issue at all with the TIVO boxes so it goes to show the problem was definitely with the boxes which Verizon said it was not. There are a couple things we like better about the TIVO and some things that are pretty much the same... other than the sound issue of course.

Reactions: navychop
I had Fios fwith my Tivos for a couple years while living in Texas. What I really loved about the service, besides the television quality, was that Cablecards were paired to the account and not the set-top-box so I could upgrade Tivos and/or use the Cablecard with an infrequently used Television, etc. While I didn't like not having On Demand, it really wasn't a big deal since we recorded just about everything.

Here in Virginia I've been with Comcast for the past few years because I keep getting a great promotion offer renewed every year (all the digital channels plua HBO, SHO, MAX, Starz, TMC and 150MB Internet for $119.99) and love the XFinity On Demand App that Comcast downloads onto the Tivos (Premiere and Roamio). I would probably switch-over the Fios (it's also available in my area) but they won't price match Comcast and I don't believe they have an On Demand app for the Tivo. Anyway, I have several Tivos with lifetime...may get a Bolt+ if Tivo les me lifetime (aka All In) the Roamio for a modest fee. We shall see.

I've used a ton of DVRs over the years from Dish, DirecTV, Sony and more and the Tivo smokes 'em all IMO.

Reactions: SatelliteGAL
We record everything or we catch it later on netflix or something.
Since you are TIVO smart I have to ask something. NCIS LA was on after the football game and it looks like it started recording when NCIS came on and recorded to the end. Is this typical for the TIVO? If it is ... that is another bonus. There are several things I found we like about the TIVO a lot. Missing VOD has not been a problems at all and at $70 per month savings they will pay for themselves very fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)