Anyone Watching ESPN 3D?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I recorded it and watched this afternoon. Had a couple of friends come check it out and it was very impressive. They are all interested in getting a 3D tv now.

We watched on Directv using Samsung 63" C8000. It's a very nice TV as well.

Agree! But after the premium for being an early adopter drops a bit and when a 3D projector comes out I like that meets my specs; I may get one and move my current den unit into one of the bedrooms. I think they should include 2 pair of glasses with the units or a Blu-ray bundle for about $75 - $125

DON: what do you know / think about:

Optoma Projectors: Optoma HD66 DLP projector

Trying it right now. Doesnt appear to work with Directv. Here is quote from Optoma website.

Using the inherent speed of DLP technology, select Optoma projectors can output video and images at an astonishing rate of 120Hz allowing you to view colorful stereoscopic 3D full screen image.
The 3D effect is generated by splitting the 120Hz signal into two standard video streams, one for each eye. Using DLP® Link™ technology, the 3D active shutter glasses synchronize with the on-screen image to filter each stream to the left and right eye. Your brain then combines the two streams to provide a three dimensional image. Optoma 3D enabled projectors can be used with compatible 3D PC based content. Examples of 3D content includes educational software, video games and design/modeling programs.

Optoma projectors cannot be used to display 3D TV broadcasts or 3D Blu-ray discs. Optoma projectors may support these applications in the future but will require additional hardware at extra cost.
*3D source, 3D content and active LCD shutter glasses are required

I recorded it and watched this afternoon. Had a couple of friends come check it out and it was very impressive. They are all interested in getting a 3D tv now.

We watched on Directv using Samsung 63" C8000. It's a very nice TV as well.

After the soccer is over there won't really be anything else to watch in 3D.

Sorry to disagree with the tone of the discussion, but 3D TV is becoming a major driver. We're selling the S&*t out of the 65VT25. People are even buying them with five or six pairs of extra glasses. I think this trend has some legs to it...awesome 65" plasma picture now, with some content coming out soon.

Yes, it will be a while before all the networks are shooting content in 3D, but Direct TV is upgrading its systems for the long haul.

Sorry to disagree with the tone of the discussion, but 3D TV is becoming a major driver. We're selling the S&*t out of the 65VT25. People are even buying them with five or six pairs of extra glasses. I think this trend has some legs to it...awesome 65" plasma picture now, with some content coming out soon.

Yes, it will be a while before all the networks are shooting content in 3D, but Direct TV is upgrading its systems for the long haul.

The networks aren't even shooting everything in HD yet, let alone 3 D.

5-6 pairs of glasses at $ 250 each, ya right.

Oh, I'm sure that .02% of the tv buyers picking up stuff from expensive high end tv sellers and who have money to burn are quite excited about buying these tv's and waving six pairs of glasses at their friends when they come over to watch the one or two shows that are in 3d and that more than one person would like to watch more than once a week.

I'm just not seeing it catching on with even a strong minority, unless the 3d capability is in every set, almost free, and it doesnt require special glasses.

Certainly not something I'd go nuts about stuffing into my limited transmission bandwidth right now, when there are other more widely interesting options. But directv does like those marketing check marks and having "Directv 3d CHECK, dish NO, cable NO" on an ad is more important than giving the millions of customers that want more HD and more channels more real value in the service offering.

When every TV thats sold has 3D capability, people will think its taking off, but it does not mean folks will use it. Think about all the "HD" sets bought now that are hooked up to SDDVR's.

3D, is the first time Ive really not cared to early adopt, or adopt at all.

And Jimbo is right on the networks. Like ESPN, that can't even do good HD at times, and now they wanna try something else? C'mon.

Ok...I go over to the Best Buy to watch some of the soccer game the other day...put on the nifty glasses...and nothing...same blurry or double image that I saw before putting on the glasses. Was then told by my son that I had to turn the freaking glasses on....my bad.
After taking them off and feeling around for the switch...wala...red light goes on on the glasses and I sit down for my first sports 3D experience.

ummm, errr.... I mean ok....but no...sorry. The best part was how every 30 seconds or so the gold FIFA logo thingy would show up. That was pretty much the best 3D part of watching. It was in 3D and all but there just isn't enough too it...at all....to buy in. I thought that in addition to the movies and games that the sporting events would be the big draw, but it just is not going to happen. If I am Best Buy, I hook up a PS3 real quick to that thing and hope that some of the games look great. Not a believer that this will ever fly here.

I won't ever get a 3DTV because I have Exotropia. I only can see out of one eye at a time while the other eye is blur. from wiki

"The brain's ability to see three-dimensional objects depends on proper alignment of the eyes. When both eyes are properly aligned and aimed at the same target, the visual portion of the brain fuses the forms into a single image. When one eye turns inward, outward, upward, or downward, two different pictures are sent to the brain. This causes loss of depth perception and binocular vision."

You can fix it by risky surgery but would need surgery again and again as you get older, plus thiers a major risk of losing eyesight.

So I can't see 3D, use binoculars or microscope(can if its one eyed binocular or microscope). So I don't need no 3D channels just more HD plz!

Ok... I get it...some of us can't see 3D content. Sorry about that... so I guess you guys are not tuning in to ESPN 3D. One of my kids can't see it. My brother is deaf, I don't see him chiming in on the latest Bose Speaker threads telling us that he can't hear so he doesn't need anything like this. Sorry for being the big meanie today, I just don't get the posts. So back to my last post about actually seeing what they have to offer and coming to the conclusion that it won't fly. I am also thinking that a bunch of those early adopters probably don't have D* and have no idea what they are getting into. They also probably don't care as long as they get a cool Aliens movie to show their friends.

DirecTV with TNT will air the NASCAR Sprint Cup Pepsi 400 on July 3rd in 3D and online with 4 special cameras on NASCAR.com in 3D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)