Anyone with a 722k,, please respond, I need HELP!!

I've had the same problem, but always used Scott's solution (I figured it out on my own) and it "fixes" the problem in the short term. The good news is that it does not affect any of your recordings when this happens. When the error message pops-up, a quick press of the Guide button seems to snap it out of the error mode and back to normal. However, this is truly a pain, and Dish really needs to fix this because I am sure there are many like the OP who go into panic mode and really have a terrible viewing experience. I have to say, that because I know of a couple of workarounds on this, for me it is just an annoyance, but objectively, it really is a major bug that Dish needs to fix ASAP! Best of luck to all.

I don't know why dish hasn't bothered to fix this yet. It's been a problem for YEARS!! It's not even listed in the dish KRI (Known Receiver Issues) for techs...
There's the root of the problem then. If Dish doesn't know about it, they can't fix it. We need to make Dish aware of the problem. How ? What's the best method ?

I've had the same problem, but always used Scott's solution (I figured it out on my own) and it "fixes" the problem in the short term. The good news is that it does not affect any of your recordings when this happens. When the error message pops-up, a quick press of the Guide button seems to snap it out of the error mode and back to normal. However, this is truly a pain, and Dish really needs to fix this because I am sure there are many like the OP who go into panic mode and really have a terrible viewing experience. I have to say, that because I know of a couple of workarounds on this, for me it is just an annoyance, but objectively, it really is a major bug that Dish needs to fix ASAP! Best of luck to all.

Thank you for your comments, I too found that a quick press of the Guide button would snap it out of the error mode and back to normal but this was happening so much that you had to keep your hand on the remote to watch anything and to me that is unacceptable. The Tech left yesterday scratching his head not knowing what to do since this was my second new 722k in a month doing the same thing, he did not ever suggest that it could be the OTA, Dish is shipping me another receiver in the mail but if it is an OTA problem, a new receiver is not going to help until the OTA problem is fixed, is that a fair statement? Should I hook the antenna back up and as someone suggested eliminate the weakest channels and see if that works? I agree Dish need to address this problem at once but how do you go about telling them?

bumblebee8

Should I hook the antenna back up and as someone suggested eliminate the weakest channels and see if that works? I agree Dish need to address this problem at once but how do you go about telling them?

bumblebee8

Absolutely hook the antenna back up and remove the weaker channels. this isn't just a 722K issue, I've had it with my 722 as well. I removed the weaker channel, it was just one in my case, and the issue went away.

Absolutely hook the antenna back up and remove the weaker channels. this isn't just a 722K issue, I've had it with my 722 as well. I removed the weaker channel, it was just one in my case, and the issue went away.

Bobby, thank you!!

Scott, I tried the above and it didn't work, I disconnected my OTA antenna and since I have had no problem, no 002 message, works perfectly. This has defeated my purpose in getting the 722k as I wanted it for extra recordings. But I do think the problem has something to do with the OTA tuners or my antenna.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

You have to make sure both of the OTA tuners are on good, strong stations... my 622 & the 722 only have the one OTA tuner, you have 2...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts