Anyone with distants have their locals turned on this morning?

Are the HD versions of the local nets also in the free preview? I'm getting my LA standard def locals via 119, but I don't have a dish pointed at 129 so I'm currently blind to whether or not they are also being "previewed".

Chris Walker said:
It said beginning January 1, 2007 I will begin being billed $5.99 a month for these channels. It then said if I do not want my local channels, please call a CSR and we will remove them.
Can they do that?

How can they add additional programming without customer's consent?

Scott

Qusetion here is this. When I first installed E* all the locals I could get, and they were called locals then, were from KC. Since that time Topeka locals have been added by E* but I did not change to them. I had at the time an OTA if I wanted to see Topeka's channels. When E* added the HD feeds of the KC stations I upgraded to the 622. I now notice that I am getting the free preview of the Topeka stations. Does this mean that I will have to keep the non-HD Topekas if I want locals of will I be able to just say NO and keep what I have? I have never thought of KC as being a Distant local. It is just what I always had. And IF I lose my reason for getting the 622 am I going to have to go to Denver and stick it up somewhere the sun doesn't you-know-what.
I thought about asking this of a CSR but decided against that for about 100 reasons.

i dont know if anyone will remember this... I had Los Angeles and Chicago and wanted to switch Chicago to Denver(I think). The csr removed instead of switched and FOR TEN MINUTES I had no distants and when I called back they were gone kaput see ya later-- no power in the verse could get them back. My advice: if you like your distants, dont do nuthin!!

SRW1000 said:
Can they do that?

Scott

I'm in Wisconsin as well Scott and about 15 years ago the cable system in Madison would put up some new channel and then the subscriber had to cancel it at a certain point or would start getting billed for it. Either the state government or the FCC put a quick stop to that practice. They put it up without asking then THEY are responsible for taking it off NOT the customer. I left Madison 12 years ago to move 60 miles north. Would never move back to fantasyland LOL.

SRW1000 said:
Can they do that?

Scott

We get "Free" previews of HBO and other movie channels all the time. And that's what this is, a free preview.

As far as adding to your bill in January, that's something else.

I for one am glad they are giving us both locals and distants together again. I was kicking myself for not keeping both a few years ago (2004) when they would actually let you have both.

Like others have said, I too think this is so if/when the distant plug gets pulled, *E hopes we all just say "Oh well, I have my locals" and forget about it...

This may not matter to anybody, but I just thought I'd share my input and say that I have not received a "free preview" of my locals (and I live north of the Atlanta area). The guy who owns the local Dish Network (or satellite store) here told me back a few months ago that, because I was so far away from Atlanta (about eighty miles north) and could not receive an acceptable signal on an antenna (in fact, I tried and couldn't receive ANYTHING) that the risk of losing my distant networks (which are all from the Los Angeles area) is minimal. I subscribed to these when I first became a Dish Network subscriber (about 2000 - 2002) and the only network I asked for out of Atlanta (FOX 5) is still the only network from Atlanta that I have (primarily in case of hazordous weather in my immediate area).

Regardless, I am billed for the package from Los Angeles and for the one network I do receive from Atlanta (although I kind of wish there were some way that I could also receive the CBS from Atlanta). I'm just scared of what some CSR might do....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts