Anyone with Norsat 4507 LNB experience????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
Anyone with Norsat 4057 LNB experience????

Has anyone had any experience using the Norsat 4057a KU-LNB? The specification sheet does not state if it is a signal or dual polarized LNB. Normally specifications tell if they will receive vertical and horizontal. I am in the process of motorizing my new Prodelin 1.2 meter Dish and I only had this LNB that fitted the original holder. It is raining today and I have not had time to check it out.

Thanks in the advance for any info.
mikelib

Attachments

• 2010_0311_new_dish_0002.JPG
    2010_0311_new_dish_0002.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 2010_0311_new_dish_0004.JPG
    2010_0311_new_dish_0004.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 2010_0311_new_dish_0006.JPG
    2010_0311_new_dish_0006.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 2010_0311_new_dish_0005.JPG
    2010_0311_new_dish_0005.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 169
What does the spec sheet say about Power Requirements or, Input DC voltage?

I have a similar dish and LNB. The spec sheet says 15-24 V. No mention of polarity. To me that means single polarity.

Take the LNB off the feedhorn and take a look inside. If it is single polarity it will have 1 pin inside. If it's dual there will be 2 at right angles from each other.

Thanks Guys

Thanks Guys, and thanks Ice for changing the title. I must be suffering from dyslexia of LNB model numbers. I even took a close up picture of the LNB and wrote the wrong model number.

I did not check the probe when I assembled the LNB to the feed horn. I took it apart and there was only one probe, so it is single polarity LNB. Now if the wind and rain will only abate, I can get some test time in with my new toy.
Mike Lib

Those norsats work really well. I forget who had some (tron might ring a bell) and they worked great for the (at the time) G18 stuff when Equity was there

The n/r is higher but they are very stable

Yep, used to have a Norsat high-stability L.O. LNB on the Channel Master before I switched it out for a Dish-rebranded Eagle Aspen P870 stacked LNB. When Equity was there, it was all vertical polarity. The Norsat worked perfectly for most of what was on that bird (until I found out that some interesting feeds were popping up on the horizontal side ;) )...

so my brain isnt going bad on me then ;)
I find you to be one of the best minds on this forum. You very recently posted your 50K post and I just checked your over 330 post since your 50K. I don't post 300 hundred in a year and I find myself posting on here a lot.

Keep up the good work.

I think I am going to purchase an Invacom SNF031 Universal LNB (From one of our Gold sponsors), and see if it attaches directly to the Prodelin feedhorn. This way I don't have to change the LNB holder.

Mike Lib

Mike
The SNF will bolt to most feedhorns like that. I know it works on a P* LNB
Thanks for the info, I will give them a call tomrrow and see if they have one in stock. I am also in the market for a heavy duty HH motor to turn the 1.2 dish. The reflector is pretty light since I used a piece of plywood for the back mount, but it can use a a good heavy duty motor and a good tripod. The tripod frame twist if it is windy.

Mike, there is an issue with many of the Prodelin feedhorns I've run across. They LOOK like they're a standard C-120 flange, but they aren't. The bolt holes don't quite line up. On an install at a friend's house, we just aligned the LNB and feedhorn and used the 2-3 screws that did line up, leaving the others out. It seems to be working okay for him, but I was worried about having a proper seal for weather. Be sure the O-ring is in place. Alternately, I think some members have drilled out holes in the Prodelin feed to match the C-120-flanged LNBs.

Mike, there is an issue with many of the Prodelin feedhorns I've run across. They LOOK like they're a standard C-120 flange, but they aren't. The bolt holes don't quite line up. On an install at a friend's house, we just aligned the LNB and feedhorn and used the 2-3 screws that did line up, leaving the others out. It seems to be working okay for him, but I was worried about having a proper seal for weather. Be sure the O-ring is in place. Alternately, I think some members have drilled out holes in the Prodelin feed to match the C-120-flanged LNBs.
Thanks for the info I will give it a try that might be easier then changing out the present LNB holder to a 40mm one.

If you have trouble getting the holes on that Prodelin feed to line up with a C120 LNB, you might try rotating the feed 90 degrees. Then see if the holes line up. The plastic visor rotates on the feed so it lines up OK with the feed rotated. The only thing that looks a little weird is that degree markings on the feed are off with it rotated. No problem, really.

I have a feed like that and it mounts to an Invacom TWF-031 fine..

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts