Anything else besides HD locals in MPEG-4?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

landlocked

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Columbus, OH
Forgive me is this has been posted elsehwere (a search didn't bring up any hits), but has D* added anything to the MPEG-4 lineup besides the known list of HD locals?

Thanks, :)

Landlocked

ncted said:
Are the HD locals HD or HD lite?

Ted

I have seen this question asked quite a few times both here and at AVS..I dont believe Ive ever seen an answer though..

I would love to know the answer too..I cant see any reason why they would be HDLite with all that capacity, but if I was to guess I would say they are HDLite..

Ive seen way too many complaints about the quality of MPEG-4 locals to believe they are true HD..

why would we need to wait for the mpg4 dvr? There are allready mpg 4 decoders out there and people getting their locals HD over the dish... so why cant someone in that situtation comment on their overall picture quality? If you are one of them, please let us know :)

Knowing is half the battle :p

all non local HD channels will be mpeg2 until mpeg2 is turned off (TNT etc). You only need to worry about mpeg4 if you want abc/nbc/cbs/fox in HD off of satellite. All other networks are mpeg2 whether it's OTA or satellite.

I hope directv uses some of that 150 channel capability to give the poor folks more than the big 4! CW wouldn't be that hard to add next year

ricard2798 said:
why would we need to wait for the mpg4 dvr? There are allready mpg 4 decoders out there and people getting their locals HD over the dish... so why cant someone in that situtation comment on their overall picture quality? If you are one of them, please let us know :)

Knowing is half the battle :p

If the locals in L.A. are Mpg 4 then I am not impressed. I guess the best way to describe the pic quality would be "hazy". The Pic and colors are not as vibrant as OTA. My wife noticed it immediately. I have a set top OTA antenna and tend to watch the locals this way, with the exception of FOX. For some reason everytime someone walks by the TV when watching FOX, the picture pixelates(?) ......very frustrating, so we watch FOX on Directv and just live with the pic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts