anything Ku between 30w and 72w viewable from upper Midwest?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
63w 11959 V 4584 61w 11730 h 27494 (30inch) That's all I have, for now. Think we are too far out of the 58W & 45W Ku footprint, but 43 should be good. (have to wait for my 1.2 is polar mounted)

Freezy,

I have a dead zone here between Ku 30.0°W and Ku 61.0°W, personally. In the past, I have picked up somethings from 43.1°W, but I gave up on that for the most part.
I have attempted to rescan the satellites in - between these, but haven't found any positive results. Best I did in the recent past as the promo channel on 37.6°W, but that has been long gone for me.

RADAR

58 has occasional ku feeds on horz from 11500 to 11800 , 53 has a full time DVB-S feed on 11632 V and a full time DVB-S test card/feeds on 11586 H, 45 has a full time DVB-S channel on 11566 H, some part time feeds and a full time DVB-S MPEG4 feed on 11675 V, 37.5 has some occasional News/ESPN sports backhaul feeds from 11800 to 12200 V only and on 22 I have seen backhauls for News feeds/Pentagon channel from 12000 to 12200 H. 15 has some full time DVB-S feeds and I have seen some DVB-S full time feeds on 12.5. If your dish is not dead on you will have trouble seeing some of these, but from here in southwest Ohio I have no problem.

my motor wont turn much further than 30w. I'm at 93W

Freezy,

I am at 96.4W so I have the same dilemna. 30W is the furthest sat to the east that I can dial to with my motor and dish assembly.

For some of the stuff between 30W and 61W, you will need a Universal Ku LNBF or a Low Ku Band LNBF. A lot of Ku signals in this area of the sky are below 11700 MHz instead of the typical 11700-12200 MHz range.

RADAR

i should be able to get 11566 H1852 on 45w but i cant get even a blip. the test card on 53w i get a 85db signal bump but no quality. my .85M dish may be too small

do the signals above 10750 need a universal? Is there a math conversion?

freezy
any frequency below 11700 requires a Universal LNB. The reason is if you take the LNB LO frequency of a standard (10750) and add the lowest IF frequency (950) you get 11700
The Universals have a LNB LO of 9750 for the low band which would be 10700-11850 (IF freq 950-2150)

IF freq. eh?

why don't they just list a standard as 11700 then since the 10750 is a useless number?

Freezy,

The 10750 frequency is not useless. It is highly important. That is the L.O. (Local Oscillator) frequency of a STANDARD LINEAR LNBF. If the lowest Ku band downlink frequency for the high Ku band is 11700, then the beat frequency or the IF (Intermediate Frequency) is determined by the difference between the L.O. frequency and the downlink frequency or 11700 - 10750 = 950 MHz.

RADAR

for me on the receiving it doesn't make much difference. It is cool to know the minimum freq. Which I didn't know 2 days ago...thanks

Now is there a quad polar Ku Universal LNB/f for my offset dish? I really don't want to set another motorized dish for Atlantic stuff. I know they are available for BUDs.

freezy
all LNB's cover an IF frequency of 950-2150. The LNB Lo frequency is what "matches" the frequencies right to how we know and love :)
If you put in the wrong LNB LO freqency, as long as you're aimed at the satellite it will still scan in the frequencies. They will just be horribly wrong. I've seen posts where folks will say "oh did the networks move to KU? I'm getting them at 11800 now" when they have either the wrong LNB LO plugged in or something switch related. I've done it myself. Had C-Band set up for port 1 on a diseqc and KU on port 2 but set them up wrong on the menus so when I blind scan C-Band it was showing KU channels.

ALso the IF frequency will be different on a Universal than a standard LNB (due to the different LO frequency)

freezy, you should be able to see that with that size dish, one of mine is a .76 and I get it with good signal and quality except on bad weather days.

is there a quad polar Ku Universal LNB/f for my offset dish?

Freezy,

You can probably find more, but here is one example that I found:

China LNBF. Mianyang Manufacturer, Importer, Exporter

Try GOOGLE and enter the KEY phrase words for what you are looking for and then "sort" through the VAST results that lead you nowhere until you locate the ONE to THREE items that fit what you need. Truly, this is the part of the hobby that truly becomes a DIY project. You have to do a lot of "wading" around in the muck to find a nugget.

RADAR

i was hoping invacom made a universal version of the qph-031. I love being able to point my 85cm dish at drctv when its snowing or raining too hard for the 18" pizza pan to work

i was hoping invacom made a universal version of the qph-031. I love being able to point my 85cm dish at drctv when its snowing or raining too hard for the 18" pizza pan to work

Freezy,

Invacom probably does have something. You simply have to research this for yourself. I don't know about one simply because I never went looking for anything that specific. If you conduct the investigation for your own purposes and find one, then you can buy one, test it and evaluate it and write up a testimonial or equipment review and post your findings in the "Eq. Review" area of the FTA forum for all others to enjoy and learn from. Maybe you can buy two or three different brands or models and compare them for a really great write-up! That is part of the fun in this hobby.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts