Anything New On KU?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One brand is X2. Cheap, Chinese made, has some quirks, but will work. I've been using an X2 Premium Mini, which will be replaced by an Amiko A3 when my budget allows. Plenty come up if you just search "dvb-s2 receiver" on eBay, though anything in the sub-$50 range is a bit of a gamble in terms of quality, firmware updates, etc. Mine can "get the job done", but isn't really that great.

sorry for the late reply,

looking to purchase a receiver this week, would the X2 be good for me?

what i would like is.....

- DVB-S2
- HD
- Motor control (is a must)
- reasonable price

Several reviews on the X2 if you do a forum search.
IMHO,thats like asking: "Would I be happy driving a 1985 Yugo?" :thubdown
But different folks have different needs...and I'm no expert.

Yeah, I'd say it hasn't change a lot over the past year. I know as of last scan a few days ago Al Jazeera News is back. I guess they didn't do well after their switch to a paid broadcast for their American version so now their back.

sorry for the late reply,

looking to purchase a receiver this week, would the X2 be good for me?

what i would like is.....

- DVB-S2
- HD
- Motor control (is a must)
- reasonable price

An X2 was enough to make me want a better receiver. It's awkward to navigate, and sometimes freezes. Sometimes I change channels between satellites and it will say no signal on anything but the previous satellite I was watching. I don't know how motor control is, and I wouldn't bother with this receiver. For what I use it for, it will work until I have the budget for a better one.

People seem to like some of the receivers from Amiko, GeosatPro, or Manhattan.

thanks for the info,

im willing to pay a bit more money (say $100-$140 range) for something of better quality, would it be worth the extra money for a traxis HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)