Anything new with the DVR? (will it be delayed because of cablevision selling)

Any chance now guys of Dish getting the dvr for themselves.....I really liked the idea behind what was to be VOOM's DVR....especially connecting many tv's through small clients so the recorded stuff is basically available to any tv..??

Echostar has their own DVR team. So, that would be interesting if they can still adopt the Ucentric design like DirecTV did.

Hong.

Richard Fuller said:
Any chance now guys of Dish getting the dvr for themselves.....I really liked the idea behind what was to be VOOM's DVR....especially connecting many tv's through small clients so the recorded stuff is basically available to any tv..??

Richard, the hardware and now the software(with the purchase of Ucentric) is controlled by Motorola. Many cable cos., Echostar and perhaps D* have tested one version or another of a Ucentric powered DVR. It was never a Voom exclusive. Fact is if you could write a big enough check to Motorola, you could get your name on the box. ;)

patrickpiteo said:
Don't worry about the DVR at this point I am just hoping VOOM survives...

Hey, its a done deal. Voom isn't surviving.

Questions that I think is on most of our minds, is will Dish continue the service through Rainbow 1 satellite, any chance for expanded services, will we be able to continue using our current receivers and where do we stand on a recorder.

I think that there would be a monitary value to having 25,000 customers that they could just sell to Echostar. So I doubt that we'll just be dumped.

JimP said:
I think that there would be a monitary value to having 25,000 customers that they could just sell to Echostar. So I doubt that we'll just be dumped.

No there is no value to E* as far as Voom's subs go, about half of you still have other providers, E* gets about 25,000 new subs each week, why pay for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts