Anything worth looking for on sats east of 72w?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
hey folks,
I have been playing with my BUD quite a bit lately, and have found just about everything i can find for DVB / Analog channels in between AMC 7 (137w) and AMC 6 (72 w). In looking at Lynsat and other online lists i dont really see any english channels on sats east of 72w (my true south bird) that seem worth searching for. Do any of you have any good sats / channels i should be looking for? I am mainly looking for stuff further east to help me fine tune my BUD.
Thanks in advance all

thanks iceberg, i had only seen the list that he has for 60w - 137w. Very much appreciated, now i can drive my wife crazy looking for more stuff ; )

I don't know how far east you can see but hopefully it helps out :)

Farthest east I can see is 34.5 (from MN)

I think i can see over to at least 50w before i hit the easternmost limit (on my analog reciever / BUD mover) that i have set currently. I am pretty sure my actuator will allow me to see even farther east, but im afraid of "flopping" my BUD (overextending the actuator). So im going to be cautious about how far i try to go, at least till spring when i wont have to walk thru 3 feet of snow to reattach my actuator ; )

I get up to INT-805, I would go a lot more but my house is in the way :( you may need to get a wideband feedhorn for most of those birds.

thanks for the input TDTI i hadnt thought of needing a wide band feedhorn :-(

Well if you think you can get up to 55.5 thats ok for the feed you have, but past that you will need a wideband feed for circular C-band. There is a few channels on P9 and INT-805.

I was just looking @ lyngsat, could europe get voom?

Uplink said:
I was just looking @ lyngsat, could europe get voom?
No. Just because you can "see" the sat doesn't mean that it is transmitting towards you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)