This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Anyway to disable Message 1229?

DBS Commando

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
It's very annoying when the Hopper decides to "reconfigure the network" and give me a full screen message saying that it's doing so. THEN I have to acknowledge the message by pressing OK. I really don't need to know this information - as long as everything is working properly, I'm good.

Anyway to turn it off?

My thought would be there are a lot of people who know nothing about their receivers. But boy, when a signal loss occurs or a message they are like people who lost their
electricity! They want it now! A message for them is helpful. I just read in here where someone did'nt know how to remove a DVD from their player....amazing considering DVD players have been around for about 15yrs now. I hear your pain.

I just hit cancel and the screen goes away.

That doesn't solve my problem. I don't want the screen appearing...at all. Unless, there is major problem and the Hopper network has gone down (for whatever reason), I don't need to know and acknowledge everytime the hopper decides to "reconfigure" the network.

Other than having flawless connections to the internet at all times, I don't see how you can avoid the message , when the internet server is reset. Maybe DISH will include it as an application you can turn off , like the other one in the EPG guide, or like the MOCCA sign . Suggest it to them and see if they will make a software update to do just that.