AOL with Broadband commercial

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Isn't this commercial lame? They tried to deceive the public that is better to pay them a monthly fee for spyware and virus protection than to buy your own software that can protect you against spyware and virus protection and it is a one time feed. AOL are you smoking.... :D

I hate this commercial, an ex IT guy, it really gets under my skin, but what does J6P know? My uncle eats this AOL crap up and every time his computer crashes, he calls me and the first thing I ask is: "Let me guess, you just upgraded your version of AOL?". YEP.

this is why I never bought aol stock even during the .com craze. I can't believe they actually bought time warner. that's just nuts.

there once was a reason for aol: to get on the internet easily. that was back in the days when windows didn't even have a tcp/ip stack, and you have to actually write DIALER SCRIPT for ppp or slip. Yikes! good luck to j6p doing that. now i would think their strengths are their exclusive content and their community, i.e., chat rooms. but do they emphasize that? nooooo! instead they prey on ignorance. yeah that's a good business model.

barth2k said:
this is why I never bought aol stock even during the .com craze. I can't believe they actually bought time warner. that's just nuts.

there once was a reason for aol: to get on the internet easily. that was back in the days when windows didn't even have a tcp/ip stack, and you have to actually write DIALER SCRIPT for ppp or slip. Yikes! good luck to j6p doing that. now i would think their strengths are their exclusive content and their community, i.e., chat rooms. but do they emphasize that? nooooo! instead they prey on ignorance. yeah that's a good business model.

Isn't that the same thing D* is doing now with there 1500 HD channel commercial? I mean jeez, if I didn't know better I'd be running for D* because they would have every possible channel in HD right? Oh, you mean its only local stations and I only get 6 of them? :p

barth2k said:

They are looking for the not so tech savvy of the bunch. Any tech savvy person would know better. Same as buying a computer just because the sales person @ BB or CC can read the specs from a spec sheet.

Most people who use AOL are simply too computer illiterate to own a computer and need hand holding for everything they do on it. For them AOL is a good fit, until it crashes their computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)